Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Titles for pocketfold inserts???

Wondering if any of you ladies could help me get a little creative... I'm hoping to label our pocketfold inserts with something different than Ceremony, Reception, and RSVP, for no reason other than just to be different! I also want to have something different than "accept with pleasure" and "decline with regret."  Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!!!!!!

PS- I was in the studio audience of a Philadelphia version of the Today show this morning... it was all about weddings. Didn't win the free honeymoon, but I'm happy for the girl who did!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Titles for pocketfold inserts???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What's the tone of your wedding/theme? Are you two party animals or is it more elegant?

I just did the simple "Accommodations" "RSVP" etc because the font I used was more formal in nature and also, a lot of text wouldn't really fit along the top of the cards.

I guess it depends on what your cards are for and the tone you want to convey. Just off the top of my head, for a more playful wedding, the ceremony could be "Get Married!" The reception could be "Be Merry!" (Or some such spelling variation). A directions card could be "Going to the Chapel" and RSVP could be, umm, I have to think for awhile about that one, maybe "May I have this dance?" or something like that.

Ultimately, this would work best with an underlying theme or tone of your wedding, so if you tell us what you are going for, we can come up with something.

I still would label the cards underneath though with ceremony and reception because older people might not get it.

Here is a little compilation of RSVP card sayings:
    http://www.fiance2wife.com/2008/12/26/creative-rsvp/
  • Options
    AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Kwynn :) I really wanted to come up with something cute, but it just wasn't happening! We are going for something more formal, and we have more elegant font, but we still wanted something different for the inserts... My fiance changed the wording on the main invite to something more non-traditional, which I didn't want him to do, but whatever makes him happy.....We don't really have a theme per say, so that doesn't help. I guess I want traditional and FI wants party and celebration, so perhaps our elegant font and different wording combines the two, haha. I appreciate the link and your suggestions and am going to share them with FI! :)   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ashleyandcjashleyandcj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiances sister got invited to another wedding and they used different wording as well.  For ceremony they put..   ....the moment we say I do.  For reception they put  ....a celebration of the Newlyweds or something close to that.  I can't remember all of them but they were cute.  I know my aunt wanted to have a disney themed wedding and for her invitations she had them based off of Cinderella.  She used things like the magic ball for the reception... the glass slipper for I think the ceremony...  GL! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards