May 2014 Weddings
Options

Shower?

Hey Ladies,

Was just curious if you are having a Bridal Shower, and if so... are you making it ladies/women only? Or are you doing what it seems a lot of people are doing, and going co-ed? Also... WHEN are you having it? I spoke to my mom the other day and she told me I should maybe start thinking about it... as in where I would like to have it. Seems like it should be farther away... but I guess maybe not!?

Re: Shower?

• Options
    I am so clueless when it comes to when to have it! I know I'll end up having one, but it'll be super small, and I think it'll definitely be women-only. I don't want it to feel like some stuffy tea party, though! I think it makes the most sense to have it 2 - 3 months out? Then it's not so close that it interferes with other last-minute stress stuff, but isn't so far away that it seems silly to have it so early. My issue is that we're only have 30 - 35 people at the wedding itself (we're having an open house BBQ later in the summer for everyone else), so if I only invite people who are coming to the wedding, I'll have maaaaaybe 10 women there haha. Ah, small weddings.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm confused too.  Maybe I'll talk with my friends who are coming to the wedding to see what they think, and also to my FMIL as well.  The only thing is my BFF/MOH (and only attendant) as well as my mom live in CA so I'll see what happens.  Also, I'll probably have it be women only.  I don't think my FI would be interested in a bridal shower nor would his friends.  I'll just talk with my FMIL next time I see her and ask her.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yup, I'm having one & it will be women only.  Apparently I have little say in the matter of when it is - my mother refuses to let me pick a date as it's "suppose" to be a surprise (uh, hello we are not in the 1950s anymore, we do things differently now lol) but she doesn't seem to understand that I have like 5 jobs and need to make sure my schedule doesn't get messed up.  Anyways, I suggested she have it in about Feb/March, this was it's not too far from the last minute wedding stress but also a good amount of time after the holidays (for my friends who like t go on shopping sprees lol).  I also typed up a document of suggestions for my shower that I gave to my mom & MOH (decorations, favors, cake designs, games to play, etc.)- mostly ideas I saw on Pinterest and so that I at least have some say in what happens (I just reeaaally hope I don't have one of those white wicker chairs from the 80s that were at every woman's bridal and baby shower!!).
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I honestly think shower timings vary based on the wedding. I've been to showers months before the wedding date and I've also been to showers a few weeks before. I think mine is going to be the latter, mostly because my grandma is coming in to visit us for Easter and staying through mid may so she's here for last minute wedding prep, so it makes more sense to wait and have it when she's here. I don't know if there's a wrong way to go on this one (I feel like I say that on every post- I'm a big fan of doing what works best for yourself as a bride/couple)
  • Options
    I believe I am having a shower.  My mom's been asking a ton of questions.  I'd like it to be a surprise but I doubt it will be lol I asked that it be ladies only.  Looking at the guest list it will be close to 100 people invited.  Dragging the men along will just double that.  It would be different if we could use our yard and just throw a bbq type of shower.  But it's too cold here so it has to be in a hall/restaurant.

There's no written rule for when a shower takes place.  Around here it's typically 3 months before.  But I've been to ones a few weeks before the wedding as well.  I recommended mid to late March for my shower.  Hopefully then snow won't be a factor and FI will know where we'll be living and possibly have a place.

Every time I book something on the weekend I make sure I let my mom know so that I don't wind up double booked.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My MOH/sister is throwing me a shower. It's already set up for March 29. We had to work around some other family events and things so that weekend worked best in the few months leading up to the wedding. We are only having women at the shower. We're only inviting 35 people to the wedding so the guest list for the shower is 12 people, but I think it will be great that way. It's going to be in a private loft at a winery. 
  • Options
    Yes I am having a shower. Women only. It's being planned by my MOH and Bridesmaids. It's a surprise so I am unsure exactly when it is going to be. They asked me to send them a detailed list of people I would like to invited and all weekends for 2014 up to wedding I am off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards