New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Florist - Affordable

I'm feeling completely overwhelmed at the thought of finding a florist.  I'm also looking for someone who will do a great job, but is affordable.  I'm getting married September 2014 at the Fountains at Wallkill.  I'm looking for florists in the Middletown area or for someone who would travel to Orange County.  The florist is the last vendor I need to book, so any suggestions would be great.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Florist - Affordable

• Options
    I just booked my florist and IMO it was the most stressful thing so far! Flowers are so overpriced its ridiculous! I had a meeting with a total of three:

Secret Garden Florist in Walden - Her work is absolutely amazing and is very highly reccomended by everyone in the area, but that comes with a price. She has portfolios and photos of wedding she has done right in her shop so you can get a good look at what she can do. She is also on facebook under Secret Garden Florist. I highly suggest looking at her work. 

Hearts and Flowers in Pine Bush - Florist name is Allison. Really nice, she will sit with you and discuss options. She will do everything to stay within your budget. It took her a bit to get back to me with a quote. I'm chalking it up to her being very busy. She has a ton of fresh flowers in the shop with some arrangements that she is working on there. You can see the quality, but she doesn't have a portfolio to look at. Her prices are middle of the road. 

Lords Homestead Florist in Maybrook - Very nice lady and super accommodating. She works super hard to stay in your budget.  You can tell that she loves what she does. She does seem a bit scattered and doesnt have a portfolio to look at. I found her to be the lowest price of them all, a very good bargain. 

All of these florists offer delivery for a small fee (under $15) or for free within Orange County. I ended up choosing Hearts and Flowers for my October 2014 wedding. She was middle of the road pricing and I loved her work and the quality of flowers. 

Let me know how you make out! Good Luck! 
  • Options
    Hi Jean0715- I'm having frustrations booking a florist and if you feel comfortable, would you mind being specific about the pricing for these three florists?  What is middle of the road?  I'm not really sure how much to expect to pay for a florist.  I'm getting married in September 2014.  Any advice would be so awesome!  Thank you!
  • Options
    I don't know of any florists in Orange County I am not sure if she would travel to Middletown.. but I used Rosemary's florist in Wappingers falls for my October 2013 wedding that was in highland. She did drop off my bouquets and bouts in Newburgh though and then went to highland to drop off centerpieces. Deliveryfor that was $50.

I had 10 centerpieces, 3 girls bouquets and then mine, 9 boutuneers for everything it was $1,000. Which is relatively cheap knowing just how much it can cost. My sister got married before me and used different florist in Rockland county and she loved them I do believe her total was $3,800! She did have a bigger bridal party and needed a few more centerpieces but overall that florist charged more for flowers and her time.

I could email you pictures of my flowers if you wanted. But off the top of my head.... I had

Sunflowers
    Ranunculus
    Roses
    Cassia
    Gerber daisies
    Button mums
    Gumprena (sp?)
    Dahlias
    Carnations
    Berries

Maybe more...

She's not really the type of florist who will take charge and there is a lot of flexibility to get the details exactly how you want them. If you tell her how much you want to spend I think she would make it work. I told her i didn't want to go over a 1,000 and she didn't ever restrict me with the type of flowers. She also put something together for me months before the wedding to help make the vision come to life.

Let me know if you want pictures

Good luck!
  • Options

Abilger7 said:
    Hi Jean0715- I'm having frustrations booking a florist and if you feel comfortable, would you mind being specific about the pricing for these three florists?  What is middle of the road?  I'm not really sure how much to expect to pay for a florist.  I'm getting married in September 2014.  Any advice would be so awesome!  Thank you!
    Sure I will Private Message you. 
  • Options
    @Jean0715, if you could message me the prices as well, that would be great!  I found your response helpful.

@dollhair20, $1,000!!  That's amazing!  Your needs are very similar to what I will likely need, give or take a few things. 

This gives me hope I won't have to break the bank on flowers.

Thanks ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards