May 2014 Weddings

Accomplishments

So clearly I'm avoiding getting work done at work today. I wanted to share how productive I was this weekend!

I tackled the registry monster with my mom on Saturday and actually ended up having a blast. That scanning gun was so much fun. I ended up registering at Bed Bath and Beyond and Macy's. I really feel like I got a good cross section of stuff and I'm still tweaking it online a little (which is the greatest part because it's like online shopping except you don't have to pay).

In between BBB and macys, I stopped at DSW and tried on the shoes @FutureMrsN3312 recommended and ended up buying them! So excited to have finally found a pair that feel right. :)

And then yesterday I wrote out all of our save the date post cards. I just need to get the stamps, which I'm going to do on my way home today, and send them on their way.

This weekend was really productive and it feels timely, since yesterday I got the "6 months to go..." email. Can you guys believe it?

Re: Accomplishments

• edited November 2013
    ohxhi said:
     In between BBB and macys, I stopped at DSW and tried on the shoes @FutureMrsN3312 recommended and ended up buying them! So excited to have finally found a pair that feel right. :)
    Yay!!!! 

I love checking things off the list!  It's such a relief.  All my bridesmaids and Jr bridesmaid have been fitted for their dresses.  The order is going in today.  My mom also found her dress on Saturday so that's done too!  While at the dress store I looked at the tuxedos.  I found something I like.  I eventually have to go with FI for his final approval.

I can't believe there's only 6 months to go.  Back in March 2012 it felt like it was going to take forever and it's flown by.  Ahhhh sooooo exciting.

ETA: Forgot 2 other things...booked precana and our 1st meeting with the priest that's marrying us!!!  That's been kinda stressing me out because nothing is done as far as the ceremony goes.  All I know is it's a full Catholic Mass that starts at 3pm and I'm only putting bows on the pews (no flowers)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love this thread -- it's been a while since we've shared what we've accomplished! We fiiiiinally got our engagement photos done (as shared in the e-photos thread haha), so we have to choose our fave of those tonight and let our photog know so that she can print STDs for us (I feel so behind on those!). We've also finalized our invite choice and are going to start customizing those soon; we finalized flower choices with our florist (and then I added on a couple more over-the-top arrangements because I'm a crazy person who loves flowers haha); my sister/MOH found her dress -- and then we found out our SIL already owns it in the exact colour we want, so she's just going to borrow that! And after forever, I found a bakery that won't charge me an arm and a leg to make/deliver croquembouche, so that thrills me :) The last thing is that we finalized our guest list, which was WAY harder than I thought because we're keeping it so small. I feel like our choices may be controversial, but I'm past the point of caring haha

• Great thread!  My STD are almost ready to go.  I'm still waiting for addresses from my mom (once I have her full list, we will be having a talk) so I can actually address them.  I've been collecting addresses from friends this weekend, still have a few more to go which are FI's friends, so I'll give him a list of people I need addresses from.  We have a possible lead on a DJ.  My dress is picked up, and I am scheduled for my first alteration on Feb 4.  I have my veil, and I'm almost done with adding the bling to my shoes.  Still have a lot more to do, but that is what I have so far!
    Anniversary
  • my latest accomplishment..getting the man to actually go pick out tuxes and getting fitted..THAT has been a challenge..he was wanting to wait until 2 mo before.GAH!lol
  • Now I feel like such a slacker. I literally didn't do anything this weekend. I didn't even get out of my pajamas. LOL FI did meet with the priest on Saturday though and he confirmed that the church won't be doing our wedding (which I was fully expecting) so now I have a little bit more on my plate to do. Hopefully I can get some more stuff done this week and then I won't feel so lazy :)
  • Hey Ladies!!
    Let's see.....
    - MOH and 3/4 bridesmaids ordered dresses
    - Jr BM has dresses
    - I got my dress
    - Mailed out STD
    - Took 2nd engagement shoot. (Long story short fired old photographer and new one included it in her price)
    - Picked out invitations and ordered them
    - Picked hair style for wedding
    - Decided on bridal party gifts.

Still so much more to do. Seems so little time to go. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great Thread! I feel like I've gotten a lot accomplished in the last week or two :)

I'm plugging away at painting/assembling our wine bottle centerpieces. I have found my wedding shoes. We have figured out what the design on our cake is going to be (OMG, FINALLY... thought I'd never find a picture of "our cake"). My flowers were delivered today from Los Angeles and they are GORGEOUS! And I've started looking at venues to have my bridal shower (which is the ONLY thing I am allowed to "work" on for my shower, haha).

• Love this thread as well. Just got an alert that my dress and headpiece came in to David's on Saturday. Fiance has scheduled his appointment to get fitted for tuxes with his guys, my mom and I are going shopping for her dress and flower girl dresses the same day. We are slowly mailing out the last few Save the Dates. And most exciting to me... I finally got the courage to e-mail my best friend from highschool who now lives on the other side of the country. I invited her to not only come to my wedding, but to be in it as well, and SHE SAID YES! This will be our first time seeing each other since 2006 and I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay accomplishments!
    • All my BM's ordered their dresses.
    • FG dress is chosen but we will order later cause she will grow
    • Videograper booked
    • Florist booked and almost all flowers decided on
    • MUA booked
    • Saw all the hotels our venue works with and now have to decide on one
    • Dress alteration appointment made
    • Registered at Macy's & Amazon
    • STD's all out except for 3 addresses FI still needs to get
    • DJ booked
    • Going to look at tuxes this weekend
    • Invitations chosen and about to be ordered
  • An update on the status of my accomplishments

• Gown bought and in process of alterations,I also have my shoes
    • Ceremony and Reception sites booked
    • Tuxes/BM dress picked out and ordered tuxes
    • Cake contract signed
    • Dj booked
    • Hair and Make up appt made
    • Ceremony Officiant booked
    • Centerpiece items all bought and ready to assemble

It feels so great being able to check stuff off my list!

• Love seeing everyone's progress :) 

Let's see... I've accomplished:

• Dress is bought
    • Bridesmaids dresses have been found but not ordered
    • Cake contract signed
    • Venue contract signed
    • Tent ordered for ceremony
    • Invitations being customized now
    • DJ contract signed
    • Catering contract signed
    • Photographer booked-- engagement pictures done
    • Officiant booked
    • Florist booked and flowers decided on
    • Honeymoon booked and 1/2 paid for (big relief)
    • Invitation list finalized (I truly hope anyways)

:)

• Love seeing everyone's progress :) 

Let's see... I've accomplished:

• Dress is bought
    • Bridesmaids dresses have been found but not ordered
    • Cake contract signed
    • Venue contract signed
    • Tent ordered for ceremony
    • Invitations being customized now
    • DJ contract signed
    • Catering contract signed
    • Photographer booked-- engagement pictures done
    • Officiant booked
    • Florist booked and flowers decided on
    • Honeymoon booked and 1/2 paid for (big relief)
    • Invitation list finalized (I truly hope anyways)

:)

• Tnt082013Tnt082013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited November 2013
    Love that you guys are on top of things!! May brides rock!! What I have done so far all together: 

-Booked Ceremony and Reception Site(included DOC) 
    -Booked DJ -Booked Caterer -Cakes 
    -Booked Photographer 
    -Booked Florist and have been making centerpiece decisions 
    -Booked Hairstylist/Makeup arisit for me and family 
     -Sent out Save the Dates 

Whew, got a few things done now to hash out the rest like Finding a DRESS!!!!
  • Ugh, I haven't done much since the last "checking off the list post"!!

What I plan on trying to get done before the end of the year:

-Book transportation.

-Figure out & book hotel (day of/night after).

-In addition to our hotel/transportation, I gotta figure out what we're going to do with our dog.  We'd love to have him at the ceremony, but due to our location we can't have him there (*sad face*).  But e are hoping to plan to have him at our get ready location (hopefully we can find a pet-friendly hotel) so we can at least have him in some of our photos.  I also want to get a dog-sitter for the evening this way our families or ourselves don't have to worry about missing anything to make sure he gets fed & walked.

-Also, I need to make an appointment with my florist for our samples in Jan...he wants to get it done after the holidays but before he gets crazy with Valentines day.

I also want to try and plan a meeting with our wedding party members so that everyone can be on the same page. I made little folders for everyone with all of the important info (each person's contact info, the ordering/renting info for BM dresses & GM tuxes, vendor contact info, etc.).

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Was able to knock two more items off the list this week! Contacted two hotels in the same town as our rehearsal dinner to get quotes for blocking hotel rooms. (They're also next door to the bar where we want to have our "after party" ^_^)

Also contacted a make-up artist and we are going to schedule a consultation soon. She is available on our wedding day, so I'm pretty confident we'll be going with her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mailed the save the dates today!  

I was waiting to confirm the registry (last weekend) and the hotel details (yesterday afternoon) for the wedding website.  Now that it's done, I feel good about sending the save the dates.  Here's the website: www.jillandscott.wix.com/51417
  • wow...looks like everyone has been really busy!! I have:

Mailed my save the dates
    Ordered Bridesmaids dresses (and my flower girl dress-today)
    Worked w/my wedding planner to confirm menu, flowers, cake, centerpieces etc
    Decided on the time! 
    Updated our wedding website:  http://jenniferanddavey.ourwedding.com
    Book makeup & hair appointments (have first trial run at makeup tomorrow afternoon)
    Booked venue
    Booked Pastor & have 1 "meeting" down

I hope by the end of the year to have booked hotel rooms and by mid Jan have the guys measurements submitted. 

• @Jenniferpillow79 did you pay for the url for your wedding website?  I was thinking of doing that, because ours is a series of numbers in the url that is kind of obnoxious.
    Anniversary
  • I finally ordered my Save the dates!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ordered our wedding cake topper!!  http://www.bellestyles.com/product_info.php?cPath=89_103&products_id=9235

I love it, its so cute, and the couple looks just like us :D  Also our STD will be going in the mail on monday.  I still have to have "the talk" with my mom and her over zealous guest list.  So things are getting done, slowly but  surely...
    Anniversary
  • An update to my previous post, we now have two of our kids suits bought,and also the flower girl dress. But the biggest accomplishment for the weekend, I found our rings and they've been bought and paid for! I found them at our local Sears,(which is closing it's doors)so they were on super clearance.and then black friday deals, and then extra discounts for sears memebrs. Total for the rings before discount was 2100, I bought them both for a total of 419 after tax. Hell yes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards