Favors
Options

Gourmet Pretzel Rods, Wilton Candy Melts

I am going to be doing Gourmet Pretzel rods for my favors. Has anyone ever used Wilton's Candy Melts?? JoAnn's is having a killer deal on them this week, but I want to make sure they melt well and taste good before I go too crazy.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gourmet Pretzel Rods, Wilton Candy Melts

• Options

I only have a little bit of experience with them and they seemed fine to me.  Are there any reviews online?  You can always do a test with a pack or two (maybe one milk and one white/colored), either buying a pack and testing quickly this week to have time to go buy more or buy as many as you want and keep the receipt to return if the test doesn't go well.  Wilton's has a good variety so it could give you some nice options if they work out.

Sounds like a nice favor that your guests will enjoy!

• Options
    If you do this they have individual baggies for sale you can put them in. You prolly know tho, but just in case :)

I prefer the white bark at the grocery or Sam's in bulk to Wilton melts, but they bad. Try one before you open all the bags. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I don't mind the Wilton melts. The white chocolate I think is just like any other kind. The milk chocolate on the other hand isn't the greatest, but it works fine on chocolate covered pretzels.
  • Options
    It's ok... Why don't you buy what you'd need while they're on sale (save your receipt) and then test it out with one bag and a couple pretzel rods. If you think they taste good, make the favors. If not, return everything and get another type of chocolate.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

I aree with prior poster, buy & try & if it doesn't work return unopened.

• Options
    I use them for cake balls all the time and have never had any complaints-quite the opposite in fact!
  • Options
    Update: I bought these (11 bags total) at $1.50 for a 12oz bag. Tried them today, and they work pretty well on the pretzels. The taste is good (of course not exactly like chocolate), but with them I'm able to make 250 pretzels wrapped individually for about $60.00. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for coming back and updating. Sounds great!
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards