Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

To Save the Date or Not To Save the Date?

We are having an informal wedding, on a friend's ranch, with a small lunch to be served.  So, do I really need to send save the dates?  They've really only become popular within the last few years, so people got by with out them before.. right?

Re: To Save the Date or Not To Save the Date?

• Options
    Agreed with pp- make sure the OOT guests that might need to make travel plans more than 8 weeks out will have the info, along with VIP's.  We're sending save the dates because we're 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and we want guests to be able to plan accordingly for travel but if that hadn't been the case we would have skipped them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You don't need to send STDs if it's ANY kind of wedding b/c they are not a requirement. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'm not sending them.   I've verbally given the date to anyone that is traveling and all the important people.   They are "cute" but there is more important things I rather spend my money on!
  • Options
    I always vote for skipping STDs. They seem to create more problems than they are worth. You can tell your VIPs the date easily enough.
  • Options
    Nope - no STD needed. If you want, you could just send out an email to your VIPs and let them know you've chosen a date for the people who like to plan ahead.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards