African American Weddings

KNOTTIE OF THE WEEK @Soon to Be Mrs Jay

Soon to Be Mrs Jay ITS YOUR TURN HONEY!!

YOU ARE THE NEXT CONTESTANT ON KOTW:
*copy and paste in this thread...*

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: KNOTTIE OF THE WEEK @Soon to Be Mrs Jay

• It's my turn!!!! Yay Yay!!!
    This going to be long!!!

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name 
    Vicki and Jerome
    2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age
    January 11th 41 (me)
    October 25th 42 (Jay)
    3. City Born In?
    I was born in San Ana, CA
    Jay was born in Patterson, New Jersey
    4. City Live in?
    We live in Owings Mills, MD
    5. Where did you go to college?
    I received my Nursing certification in the Army (91C) @ Ft. Sam Houston, Tx
    I returned home and completed a bridge program at Coppin State to get my BSN
    I also have an associates in Early Education
    6. What was your major?
    See above. lol
    7. What is your current job?
    I am a Psych RN at Johns Hopkins
    8. What is your dream job?
    I would love to open a House for teens and adult women with Psych disorders
    9. How did you and your fiance meet?
    So we went to High School together. He was friends with my High School sweetheart/ children daddy. We saw each other everyday but I thought he was a pain in the butt as well as all the other guys that was in their crew. I was seen as the pesty annoying girlfriend who followed her boyfriend every where. We all graduated and went on with our lives. At our 10 year high school reunion, we saw each other and chatted and said we would keep in touch. Both of us had families, I was newly divorced with kids and he was recently married with kids. We never talked again after that night. In 2009, I was chatting with my children father and we were discussing old times. He had tried to set me up on dates but I had always refused. This time he told me an old classmate had asked about me and I should check him out on his FB page.
    I did. Jay sent me a message and friend request and we talked and discovered we both had a lot of things in common and agreed to hang out as friends. Hanging out turned to dating and now dating is turning into marriage.
    10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it?
    We got engaged on December 25, 2012
    We discussed marriage early in our relationship and Jay was anti-marriage due to his past relationships. We never thought we would ever be in a relationship together so was going to go real slow. Every Xmas we made a list of items to get each other and picked two items from list. We never did the fancy decorating or celebrations everyone else did. The kids usually opened gifts and went out with friends and we had a simple meal. This Xmas he wanted to get all fancy. He brought a tree. Decorated the apartment. All the kids ( mines and his) spent the night Xmas Eve. He brought tons of food and insisted that I cook all HIS favorite dishes. And this year he insisted that everyone gifts be a surprise. I thought it was strange but did not think too much about it. Xmas morning everyone got up, opened gifts and was so happy. I had gotten the baking mixer and Zumba set I asked for. I had gotten him the gifts he wanted. I was content. I went in kitchen to start cooking and the kids were yelling that somebody forgot a gift. I was paying them no mind until Jay said there was another gift under tree for me and no one knew where it came from. I went to look and sure enough there it was. I picked it up and as I turned around Jay was on one knee saying how we were made to be together and the love I gave him was more than enough to make him want to take another chance at LOVE.!! I cried so bad that day we went out for dinner.
    11. When is the Wedding Day?
    May 25, 2014
    12. Where is the ceremony and reception?
    Rosedale, MD @ Martin's East
    13. What are your wedding colors?
    Malibu Blue, Watermelon, Coral Reef  and Silver
    14. Where are you honeymooning?
    7 days on a Western Caribbean cruise and a week in Vegas at our timeshare 
    15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
    My photographer
    16. Biggest wedding splurge?
    My reception
    17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
    A celebrity singer ( Faith Evans) and ice bar
    18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?
    Everyone on here
    19. Favorite book?
    The other Wes Moore
    20. Favorite movie?
    The Help
    21. Favorite tv show?
    Scandal
    22. Favorite wedding dress designer?
    Do not have one
    23. Any advice you can give?
    Keep GOD first in everything!! Do not question the things you think are going wrong in your life. Often times it is GOD's way of telling you to relax and step back. GOD often deletes things out of your life so that GREAT things can enter into your life.
    24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
    I wish we were getting married on our original wedding day, May 17th. That day will be our 4 year anniversary of dating.
    25. Share something about yourself!
    I am a shy person. I love hard. I love children but do not want anymore of my own. I love my job. I do not have many friends cause I would rather stay home watch movies and drink wine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2013
    Love it Christmas proposal congrats on becoming knottie of the week
  • Awwwwww I love how you guys met I swear we just never know how things will turn out in life.... It was meant to be and your colors are super pretty is love to see that put together... Now that proposal was soo sweet girl I would've been crying with you lol how sweet of him to propose on such a significant way and day... Congrats again honey...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• OOOH! i been waiting on you Vicki! First, Congrats on the engagement! I for sure thought that hs boyfriend/dad would have SOMETHING to say! He's a good man. It sounds like all your kids are grown and out of the house, do you have any together? i love you christmas engagement! Did one of you have to move to be with eachother?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yay!! congrats on making KOTW! I absolutely love your proposal! That was awesome and soooo sweet! I am excited to hear more about your wedding planning!!
  • OOOH! i been waiting on you Vicki! First, Congrats on the engagement! I for sure thought that hs boyfriend/dad would have SOMETHING to say! He's a good man. It sounds like all your kids are grown and out of the house, do you have any together? i love you christmas engagement! Did one of you have to move to be with each other?
    No neither had to move to be together. I had left Maryland for awhile but returned. He never left. My ex actually is delighted that FI and I are together. My ex and I have a great relationship. We grew up together and even though my life style and his are total opposite we are great parents and great friends. Jay and I were reluctant to start a relationship due to his friendship with ex but when something is to be it is going to be.
    Now we have made the choice not to invite ex to wedding due to drama others have tried to create. And ex really understands. Ex and I have 5 kids together (22, 21, 19, 14 and 11). Jay and I only have two fur babies together (1 cat and 1puppy). So we have the two youngest and our fur kids at home. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey! I love your engagement story, so sweet. You two have to have been made for each other. I can hear it in your story and it shows in your pictures.
  • hey hey hey nice to meet you sugar.. and hey i think you have a date twin @min5us..thats awesome that you and your ex have a great relationship

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Congrats on being KOTW. Awww....I love love love your proposal story..so sweet ! Great wedding date..mine is/was May 25 !!!! Good to know more info about you. Happy Wedding planning !!!!
  • I loved reading your engagement story too. And your honeymoon sounds like it's going to be so much fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Woot Woot somebody else in Maryland..... 
    *snoopy dance* 
    nice to meet you Vicki 
    such a sweet story :) 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards