Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

****~~~Elisha~~~*****

I read in the GM post yesterday that you cried at Up.

Nothing to be ashamed of!! I bawled through the beginning and end of that movie!!! DH was seriously worried about me :-P Such a great movie though huh? :-) 

I love Pixar :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
My Doha Adventures

Re: ****~~~Elisha~~~*****

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG - we watched this last night.  Sooooo  good. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man I cried a freakin river! I have been boo-hooin all weekend then on Sunday evening we decided to snuggle up an watching a cute movie so FI puts in Up and we jump on the couch pull the blankie nice and tight. The movie comes on and not ten minutes in I can't stop crying!!
    He was like "Aw babe are you ok?" Of course my cryin @$$ can't figure out why his heart of stone isn't choked up.

then I cried in the middle when the little boy was talking about his dad taking him to get ice cream and sitting on the curb counting car. and then I cried again at the end.

I'm a big sap!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I need a good cry. Maybe I should rent this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cried in all the same spots!!!! The beginning for sure, then the middle and the END!!! (With the Adventure book.....I was a mess!) I imagine it has something to do with our recent marriage, and it really profiles all the hopes and dreams for the future.

DH said he usually is the crier at movies, so he is always shocked when I end up crying. It is such a great movie though! The last movie I cried this much at was Atonement.

KR, glad you liked it too!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, of course I cried throughout.  That's a given though.  Tongue out

I even cried when they left Kevin (at the end, I don't want to spoil it for anyone!)  LOL.

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes the Adventure book was the part at the end where I cried. Like a baby! Then a friend of mine called me and was talking to me on Monday and asked me how I liked it and I wa telling her about it, I started crying all over again just talking about it! Nuts I tell you!

KR- did you tear up?

M- need a good cry I'd say go with this one cause you'll laugh at parts too.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The adventure book was the sweetest.  <3

Search & Win
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree KRM - it was the adventure book that really just made me lose it! I could not stop crying. Soooo sweet!!

M - Definitely see it! It is a great mix of sad and funny! We also love Wall-E, it's our Thanksgiving movie :-D

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    It was the swetest..

KR- I felt like I was knocked up with emotion (haha) while watching that movie. Crying everywhere, laughing everywhere, I mean come on Kevin the girl and all the little babies. Too cute!
    image.
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    ooh I love Wall-E!

But after FI shut the DVD off the other day (and I was still crying) I told him I wasn't sure I was going to be ready to watch UP again for a while. Maybe we'll try again next Thanksgiving. MAYBE
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, it was totally the babies that made me cry too.  I guess that's not really spoiling it!

In the scenes at the beginning where they are growing older, etc I was crying and DH said -  I think we need to turn this off.  It is supposed to get more sad.  I was like - um, no.  It is okay to cry.  Tongue out

Oh and my little dog could NOT handle all of the dogs in that movie.  She was going CRAZY, running up to the TV to bark back at them and then running around the whole house protecting us.  I seriously think what runs through her head must be similar to Doug's thoughts, so that really made me laugh. 

We're big fans of Wall-E too!  Molly, you should rent UP ASAP!

Search & Win
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elisha, it is good to have space between it! We saw Up for the first time at the theatres (last summer?), and we just now watched it again, almost a year later. It was still sad!

And yay for Wall-E! DH bought me a big plush Eve :-) She is so cute!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    i loved Doug. He kept me from crying through the whole movie.

No one warned me it was going to be sad. I just expected floating houses and talking dogs.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand Elisha! I was expecting balloons and happiness! :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll have to watch it.  I had 2 kids trying to tell me about it today and it didn't sound good at all, but then again, we have a hard time summarizing:-)  Might be a good movie for the long weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards