Wedding Woes

I hate my future inlaws

Who wants to marry someone when your parents hate that person? Well, my future in laws hate me. Luckily, the rest of his family adores me. And he's finally getting past the fact that I've done nothing wrong to deserve their hate.

I got pregnant. I kept the pregnancy. We have a beautiful, vibrant, and healthy 8 month old daughter. And now we're getting married. Except that.. my FI is scared to tell his parents... so I can't shout from the top of my lungs that we are getting married. I'm livid. Absolutely livid with them. 

Oh yes. I'm fat. They hate me because I gained back the 80lbs I once lost, back during my pregnancy. So far I'm down 1.8 lbs. Go me ~

Re: I hate my future inlaws

• Be honest: would you still even be dating him, let alone marrying him, had you not gotten pregnant?
  • I thought about quoting the post and highlighting the red flags, but that would be the whole post. Except for the prepositions...and even some of those are suspect. 

Ay, yi, yi.  

PS You don't have a future in law problem, you have a fiance problem.  

• I don't even know what to say.

• Who wants to marry someone when your parents hate that person? Well, my future in laws hate me. Luckily, the rest of his family adores me. And he's finally getting past the fact that I've done nothing wrong to deserve their hate.

I got pregnant. I kept the pregnancy. We have a beautiful, vibrant, and healthy 8 month old daughter. And now we're getting married. Except that.. my FI is scared to tell his parents... so I can't shout from the top of my lungs that we are getting married. I'm livid. Absolutely livid with them. 

Oh yes. I'm fat. They hate me because I gained back the 80lbs I once lost, back during my pregnancy. So far I'm down 1.8 lbs. Go me ~
    You have a FI problem and a self esteem problem.  I recommend individual counseling and couples counseling.
  • i LOL'd at "suspect prepositions"
  • Who wants to marry someone when your parents hate that person? Well, my future in laws hate me. Luckily, the rest of his family adores me. And he's finally getting past the fact that I've done nothing wrong to deserve their hate.

Does this mean that up until this point he thought they were justified in their hatred toward you?
  • CLI242009CLI242009 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    clarke10 said:
    Who wants to marry someone when your parents hate that person? Well, my future in laws hate me. Luckily, the rest of his family adores me. And he's finally getting past the fact that I've done nothing wrong to deserve their hate.

Does this mean that up until this point he thought they were justified in their hatred toward you?
    That was also the same part I was kind of stuck on. I read the entire post but your bolded is what really stood out the most. This sounds like he didn't stick by you and instead believed his parents had a right to "hate" you. That is not good at all.

Majority of the PPs have said it - you have a serious FI problem. The fact that he is scared to tell his parents does not paint a good picture of him. He's an adult and can make his own decisions regarding his future. Hiding his engagement makes it sound like he's ashamed of you or something.

Second bold - It should not be I, it should be We. It takes two to tango. This "blame" should not be laying on your shoulders only. Your child is made up of half of his genes too.

Too many red flags in my opinion.

ReturnOfKuus - I second your question. If you didn't have a child, would he even still be in the picture?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And now we're getting married. Except that.. my FI is scared to tell his parents... so I can't shout from the top of my lungs that we are getting married. I'm livid.

What kind of pussyboy proposes marriage and DOESN'T tell his folks??
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

1. First bold: You have a FI problem. He shouldn't care what his parents think, and if he loves you, he'll stand up for you to them.

2. Second bold: You have a FI problem. If he loves you, this wouldn't be a question.

3. Third bold: You have a FI problem. If he's serious about marrying you, he'll tell them and let the chips fall where they may -- either they accept you and him and your marriage or they're cut out of their granddaughter's life.

4. Fourth bold: They're assholes. Fuck them.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    If my FI was too much of a pussy to tell his parents that he was just as responsible for the pre-marriage-baby-making, that he loved me, and was going to marry me then I would end it with him.

I'm betting both the OP and her FI are under the age of 20 - everything in this post screams immature. Also betting Kuus is right in her assessment of not being together if the baby wasn't in the picture. 

I'm also thinking this may not have been an "oops" pregnancy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards