Wedding Woes
Options

Slow day things

1.  Doing online chat for my job can be pure torture sometimes.  I'm currently on one that's been going on for almost a half hour.  I need to pee, damn it. 

2. I'm irrationally irritated that after the 'winter finales' of Revenge and Scandal, I have to wait until end of Feb and early March for them to come back.  BUT, I accept an almost year long wait for Game of Thrones and Sons of Anarchy to have new seasons. 

3. DH has had an ear infection all month.  He went back to the doc for it today.   The kiddo also had an ear infection this month.  WTF is with my family and their ears?

4.  The ear drops I spent $40 on for DefConn's ears because they were draining so much crap are magic.  They cleared his ears up in less than 24 hours.  I'm putting them in DH's ears.  I'm not even mad about spending $40 on them now (that was my copay)

5. I don't want to do anything I have to get done this weekend. Someone want to come do it for me? 

Re: Slow day things

• Options

i would love to online chat with you, i am sure my day would go by faster on days like this. usually i could use about 2 extra hours in my day for the amount of work i often have.

my things are:

i'm not looking forward to thanksgiving. H will be at work for what is essentially a 24 hour shift, so it's me and the kid. normally i could deal, but i may have to board the dog for the long weekend just to make sure i can relax a little. sorry, dog.

i'm pretty much done with christmas shopping! it was an unexpected surprise.

i cannot wait for this epic tantrum phase to be over. i saw that "23 reasons my kid had a meltdown" site and laughed and laughed at how true. sorry the dog tried to sit in the doorway of your room, kid, but that's no reason to throw toys and scream like you're being murdered.

• Options
    This is a common conversation:

Me: "Do you want x?"
    DefConn: "Yes!"
    I give him x.
    DefConn: "AHHHHHH! I DON'T WANT IT!!" 
    I take x back
    DefConn" "AHHHH!  I WANT IT!" 

• Options
    oh that is a nightly ritual here.
  • Options
    I'm making Pmeg's casserole and I'm excited for all the gooeyness.  I'm sure there will be a tantrum to ruin the enjoyment.
  • Options
    Sorry to say, Wz and mrs.conn, but we are still dealing with meltdowns on a semi-regular basis.  She turned 5 last week.
  • Options

boarding a dog sounds awful? then i suggest not boarding a dog if you have one. it's not that big of a deal.

we have a really good dog in general. i can't travel with him and i don't think he should be left alone for an extended period of time.

• Options
    Conn---DefConn is ear infection free though, right?  Also...how could you handle an ear infection past 1 day!?!?  I would be a howling mess.

Dizziness, day eleventybillion is upon me.  Stupid inner ears.

Visitation is tomorrow...I'm bribing myself into going by saying I'll go to Sephora afterwards. I am so socially awkward that I hate these things, but its necessary to go, and H is working.  It's bigger than me, It's bigger than me.  (getovermyself)

WZZ-Also, board your dog if you want.  It's nice to just have a bit of down time.  Dogs are a lot of work at times.  Serious.
  • Options
    DefConn has not had an ear infection, just crap spewing forth from his ears due to a cold.  Probably would have been an EI if he did not have the tubes.  They're working.  The doc said if his ears drained for more than a day or two to call for the drops.   

The kiddo and DH are picking up where DefConn left off though with the ears.  I'm over ear problems in this house. 
  • Options
    Also ALSO on a more self indulgent and vapid note, I bought new foundation and it's kerspensive.  I'm excited to have it, but I am forcing myself to finish bottle of department store stuff before I use it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards