Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Outside catering allowed in the MA/RI Area

edited November 2013 in Massachusetts-Boston
Hi- 

This is my first post on the knot newly engaged. My finace and I are looking for a rustic venue. Okay I am because we know how much wedding planning a guy will do. Any places that you have used or using. Not too expensive under 3k for rental fee. 

Re: Outside catering allowed in the MA/RI Area

• Options
    I am new to this too... But found this blog with lots of details on some New England venues http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/#uds-search-results Also maybe check out Smith Barn in Peabody. I went to a barn wedding there last fall and it was a great space! Not sure about price but I got the sense it was reasonable. They had it catered with a BBQ buffet which was awesome.
  • Options
    I can only help you with RI locations, The Pawtucket Armory, Kinney Bungalow, Easten Beach Rotunda Room should all be in your range.

Do you know who you want to cater the wedding?  I found that it was easier to find the caterer (or any caterer) and either check out where they've outside cater for or if you know who you want to caterer, ask them for their lists of venue.  Some places will say they don't allow outside catering, like ours, but because they made our caterer an exception before, we were able to bring the outside vendor in for our wedding.
  • Options
    I second Smith Barn. Also, I attended a wedding in Bristol at Linden Place, which isn't exactly rustic but the space for the reception was very rustic. The bride said it was very reasonable but I don't know an exact price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards