Not Engaged Yet

Just an update & the story.

edited November 2013 in Not Engaged Yet

So, just an update. He proposed on 11/22. First I would like to start where he got my Cousin (future MOH) to call and ask me to have a girls day before her date. I wasn't sure at first but Fiancé encouraged me to go have a fun day because I deserved it. So, I did and we went and got our nails done. I noticed she was acting a little strange but I just let it go. When I got home my Fiancé had shaved down his beard, gotten his hair cut, and was wearing  a nice outfit. I thought he had just gotten ready for the family get together we were attending later on. After I got inside he suggested that we put up one of the Christmas tree's (I decorate four of them ,I love Christmas!) So, I was all excited and said sure. He started some Christmas music and poured me a glass of Eggnog. I told him he shouldn't have gone through to much trouble but he insisted and told me he knew how important traditions such as the tree decorating was to me. & he was right! So, we fluffed the branches, put on the lights, sipped eggnog, and sang Christmas Carols off key. We got to the part where we should put on the decorations & he told me he had the Perfect first ornament and to close my eyes. I did as he said & he took my hand and put me right in front of the tree and said now open. When I opened my eyes there was my "perfect ornament" my engagement ring was dangling on the tree and I turned to find him on one knee. It really was a beautiful moment. & one I will never forget.
As I had said earlier I thought he was planning to do it in New York but he was really planning an after Engagement trip to NYC for a couple of days. Which I need to go get packed for! (:

Re: Just an update & the story.

• Um, congrats.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • *Runs into a room of strangers & starts talking about my engagement*

Oh, wait.
  • Congrats...but who are you?

• Congratulations! That's a very sweet story. :)
  • Congrats! Enjoy your engagement trip & the holidays then have tons of fun planning!
  • Congrats, but do I know you??

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Are you guys seriously that mean? Congrats! I think that was a wonderful engagement story.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."  ~Albert Einstein
  • That is such a sweet story. Congratulations and happy holidays!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• bride2b71614bride2b71614 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    That is such an adorable proposal story! Congratulations and happy holidays! 

Edit: I'm gonna play devil's advocate: OP did post ONCE on the NEY boards on October 21st alluding to a proposal, and at least three pps commented on that thread...Despite this, I can see what everyone is saying, @bethsmiles is right, because OP didn't follow up we don't know her, so when I read the post I was kind of confused as to who the OP was.
  • @Dolce313 - Seriously? You're going to be that poster? No one was mean. If you think anyone was, your a little too sensitive for the internet hon. There is literally an entire board for posting proposal stories so it's a little odd when someone chooses to post their story here who isn't really an active member of the board - that's why posters are asking who is she, why did she post this here.

• Congrats!  I think you only posted a few times which is why people are a little unsure who you are (i.e., only because it is generally sort of odd to post on a board dedicated to those not yet engaged when you haven't hung around for a wee bit) so just wanted to explain that to you. 

That said, major congrats and the proposal sounded very sweet. 

• Congratulations! That sounds so sweet :-)  I love Christmas and that is such a beautiful way to propose! Definitely a keeper ;-)
  • I have no idea who you are either but congrats.

I'm kind of stuck on the fact that you put up 4 Christmas trees. 

• Congratulations to you (whoever you are).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I think it's a lovely gesture on his part!  my H isn't into Christmas and decorating as much as I am, but he always puts an effort out to make it a special event when we drag out the tree.  enjoy being a newly engaged lady! 

feel free to stick around and share more about yourself so we can get to know you!
  • Congratulations complete stranger. I figured out his proposal idea at "Let's put up a tree!".
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Question for all of you ladies actually. Is late November/December considered engagement month because of the holidays and that's it? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Kait - Nov. thru the beginning of Jan. is a busy time for engagements.  H planned on proposing at Christmas or New Years, but he ended up proposing at Halloween, because once he made up his mind, he just couldn't wait any longer.  I think I would have loved a Christmas-time engagement because I love the holidays, but I don't mind at all that he couldn't wait and went with a Halloween proposal instead.  that being said, I love to hear about holiday engagements.  I am a sap.
  • I have no idea who you are either but congrats.

You mean that's not normal? I think my mom and I do 3 at my parents' house every year and there might be a fourth.
  • Swazzle said:
    I have no idea who you are either but congrats.

This, and also, put them up before Thanksgiving.

Also, it's odd that someone who is not a frequent poster on NEY to burst onto NEY and tell their engagement story. Yes, we have many, many engaged and married people here. But they all started here (for the most part) prior to their engagements. Because the board is NOT ENGAGED YET. So, no, we aren't mean, we're curious as to why her third post here is about her engagement, and why we should care when we don't know anything about her. 

For what it's worth, congrats, stranger.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013

You mean that's not normal? I think my mom and I do 3 at my parents' house every year and there might be a fourth.

• edited November 2013
    I posted the update for the few ladies who asked for it. Sorry for those of you who thought it was "strange" guess I'll move over to the newly engaged board. As for not posting on here often I didn't find it important to get on here enough to post when I wasn't engaged yet. After all, this is a wedding site, right?
    & yes four Christmas tree's one for my main living room, one for my formal living room. One very small one me and my fiancé have been decorating since our first year as friends. & one for my nieces room at my house since I have her every other weekend and her mom doesn't put up a tree.
  • Oh and to those of you with the sincere congrats, thank you!
  • Swazzle said:

Dead serious.
  • I didn't mean to offend. I mean everyone has there own way if dealing with not getting a proposal yet. My way of dealing with it was to stay away from things wedding related. & actually the ladies on this board were the ones who told me to enjoy the pre engagement part of my relationship so, I took their advice tried to forget about knowing and just enjoyed.
  • I didn't mean to offend. I mean everyone has there own way if dealing with not getting a proposal yet. My way of dealing with it was to stay away from things wedding related. & actually the ladies on this board were the ones who told me to enjoy the pre engagement part of my relationship so, I took their advice tried to forget about knowing and just enjoyed.
    So you mean...being in a relationship?
  • In my case I was in a relationship waiting for a proposal. But, anyone can be dreaming of their wedding day, not just those in a relationship.
  • I don't really care what people use this board for I came on here for advice and I got it. That is what I used this board for, you used it differently, great. I got my advice from a wedding website and went on my way. Ladies asked for an update, I updated. That is all this was!
  • Well I think that is great you found people on here. I didn't care to use this as that sort of thing. I used it as a resource and nothing more. I respect what you all do on here. I just wasn't interested in the knot to be anything more than a resource for the future so that is why for me I didn't stick around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards