Snarky Brides
Options

I have to snark on this girl.

A former friend of mine just got engaged. She had been pressuring the guy to propose for years. I guess she finally wore him down. I happened to stumble upon her Pinterest wedding board. Ok, I looked for it. She started pinning wedding ideas 2 years ago. Ok, fine, whatever. But she has all of the Terrible Pinterest Ideas! 

A picture of a groom pulling up the back of the brides dress so you can see her garter and almost her underwear
Naughty groomsmen and bridesmaids galore! 
Getting ready pictures in underwear (bridesmaids too)
The recreations of the Bridesmaid movie pose 
A picture that looks like the bride's shoe is stepping on all the groomsmen 
A tip jar that says Honeymoon Fund 

I could keep going. It's terrible, you guys! 

Re: I have to snark on this girl.

• Options
    Yep. That's my quota of horrific for one day. I shuddered without even seeing the actual page.
  • Options
    I have never seen the photos of the bridesmaids getting ready in their underwear. Is this a thing? I sure hope not.
  • Options
    Thank your lucky stars that you aren't in that wedding party!
  • Options
    The headache started at "Pressuring the guy to propose."  It always makes me wonder, do you actually care about the dude, or do you just want the wedding you've been planning on Pinterest since before you even met the guy?  (The last part doesn't apply to the girl you're talking about, just that "Type" who plans the wedding before they're even dating anyone)  
    To be honest if I were a dude and my girlfriend was pulling the crap you and @prettybirdy27 are talking about I'd want to break up, not end up stuck with her.  That stuff is just really annoying.  
    Idk, it just always weirds me out when a girl pressures a guy into proposing, for two reasons: 1, if you supposedly want to be with this man for your whole life, what difference does a few years really make?  If you're thinking in terms of forever you shouldn't feel the need to rush.  2. How do you know the proposal was sincere?  Is he proposing because he really loves you and wants to marry you and truly from the bottom of his heart feels it's the best decision, or is he just doing it to get you to shut up?  I'd hate to have a "there I proposed now shut the hell up" diamond on my finger XD  
    And all of those Pinterest ideas make me wanna barf.  Especially the bride crushing the groomsmen under her foot picture.  Is she trying to advertise that she's some kind of bitch who hates his friends?  Because that's the only message I get when I see those.
  • Options
    mblake525mblake525 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2013
    Did a Google search for "Bridesmaids getting ready in their underwear pictures" and found this along with a plethora of panties that say "Bridesmaid" in rhinestones. If one of my friends asked for a picture like this to be taken, I would tell her to shove it.

On another note: Do you see the expression of the girl on the far right? She is saying, "Why the fuck am I doing this for this crazy bitch?"

• Options
    clarke10 said:

Thank your lucky stars that you aren't in that wedding party!

Seriously!!
    She's totally the type of girl that only cares about the wedding. The guy doesn't matter.
    I hope she joins TK and posts about all her terrible idea.
  • Options
    On the up side, any potential BMs can look at her pinterest page and avoid involvement like the plague.

On the down side, I always feel really bad for the SOs of people like this.. Its like they care more about getting married than BEING married.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    no way in hell would I have taken pics in my underwear, let alone make my friends.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Hailey, to your question 1, I can sympathize. Two good friends, two long relationships (7-8 years) , no proposals. Both men claim they don't want anyone else, both couples even separated and got back together... Nothing. A few years makes a difference when my friends want to buy a house to settle in and plan families. Instead they're stuck with perpetual adolescents. One girl walked. She has since bought her own condo. The other cheated and the guy still wanted her back, they moved back into an apartment together (again) and he's made promises so many times and hasn't proposed still. It's painful to watch as both guys are truly good at heart, but geez, shit or get off the pot!
    Both girls have interest boards of wedding stuff and had even gone ring shopping with the guys. I'm glad the one girl walked, even though she's still very sad and not really interested in dating. The other... I just don't get how she cheated and he still begged for her back.

So, sorry for the babbling but I feel for these Pinterest chicks.

• Options

1. If you have to pressure / convince a guy to propose.... there's something wrong.

2. I don't know how many times I can say no to her ideas... just no....

3. I had not heard about that picture with the bridesmaids before but I agree a picture like that should not be taken. Yes I sometimes will put make-up on while in my bra and undies especially if I am using powder so it doesn't get on my clothes but I definitely do NOT want a picture like that taken. I don't need everyone and their mother seeing me like that.

4. Like a previous person mentioned - be thankful you don't have to be in her wedding party.

• Options
    OP, I am praying your friend is just pinning for a "tacky wedding ideas" party and not her actual wedding. Praying heavily.
  • Options
    OP, I am praying your friend is just pinning for a "tacky wedding ideas" party and not her actual wedding. Praying heavily.
    I unfortunately think she's very serious about these ideas..lol. But I will keep stalking her Pinterest page to make sure :-P 
  • Options
    Cheeeeese!!!
  • Options
    A friend of mine just posted her e-pics. They're all photos I've seen a thousand times on Pinterest, complete with cheesy signs and re-enactments of the proposal.

I went to Pinterest and found her wedding board.

It's gonna be one of Those Pinterest Weddings.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    And as for the pinterest board two years in advance, ick.  I know the type.  I had a friend back in college that had an album of wedding ideas on FB years before she and her BF got engaged, and whenever she posted something new she would tag him in it.  He finally just married her, and they had a burlap and mason jar wedding in a barn.
    bahaha it's the Pinterest-era version of "and they lived happily ever after..."

but serious, when did it become ok to badger someone into getting engaged? I feel like that spells D-I-V-O-R-C-E
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    And as for the pinterest board two years in advance, ick.  I know the type.  I had a friend back in college that had an album of wedding ideas on FB years before she and her BF got engaged, and whenever she posted something new she would tag him in it.  He finally just married her, and they had a burlap and mason jar wedding in a barn.
    bahaha it's the Pinterest-era version of "and they lived happily ever after..."

but serious, when did it become ok to badger someone into getting engaged? I feel like that spells D-I-V-O-R-C-E
    Right?! Plus doesn't it kind of ruin it? I wouldn't be able to get as excited about my FI proposing to me if I badgered him for years on end. What a bunch of nut jobs.
  • Options
    mblake525 said:
    Did a Google search for "Bridesmaids getting ready in their underwear pictures" and found this along with a plethora of panties that say "Bridesmaid" in rhinestones. If one of my friends asked for a picture like this to be taken, I would tell her to shove it.

On another note: Do you see the expression of the girl on the far right? She is saying, "Why the fuck am I doing this for this crazy bitch?"

Wow..just wow....*hits head against desk*

Are you frickin kidding me...that's just.....*is just speechless*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think if I asked my BMs to do a "naughty BM" type photo they would tie me up and beat me with pool noodles

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rebl90 said:
    I think if I asked my BMs to do a "naughty BM" type photo they would tie me up and beat me with pool noodles

o.O That wouldn't hurt though.....would it?

I think my MoH would go along with it...but my other two gals would tell me to "F...off" xD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mblake525 said:

You can just tell the bride is a bridezilla.  I bet she insisted they come in white underwear.  And I'm sure at least some of them were forced to go out and buy knew.  I know I certainly don't have a white bra and no pairs of white underwear like that.

Also, they're all wearing matching nylons and have almost identical hair.
  • Options
    Don't forget the tacky ass veil coming from their asses.
  • Options
    I didn't even notice that veil until you mentioned it.  That's . . . no, just no.  The only picture on my wedding day that I want involving wearing no clothes is of my bunnies.  They shall not be clothed, and everyone else shall be. 

• Options
    mblake525 said:
    Don't forget the tacky ass veil coming from their asses.
    I didn't even notice that O_O!...Eww!!

How do people find this "fun and awesome"?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My friends and I put makeup on all the time while we're all in our underwear, you guys don't?

Heh heh, sorry.  That just reminds me of how when I was in a sorority back in college, guys would ask me what we "do" and they'd always ask with a creepy smile, so I would always say that we have pillow fights in our underwear all day.  They always walked away happy.

My husband didn't know me in college but he still wishes that was true.  Same goes for the husbands of a lot of my sisters.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wooooow! I'd never ever pose in my underwear for a wedding photo, much less in WHITE underwear, what the hell is wrong with that bride? I already don't want photos of me getting ready before the wedding, and I'm certainly not going to force my bridesmaids to get ready with me, but underwear has stooped to a whole new low.
  • Options

That is the most horrific photo ever.

I think I'm going to start a special pinterest board for tacky wedding ideas only.

• Options
    Do it! Perhaps more brides will get the hint on what is not classy!
  • Options
    I didn't notice the veil either! 

I think a tacky wedding Pinterest board is an awesome idea. 
  • Options
    CLI242009CLI242009 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2013

That is the most horrific photo ever.

I think I'm going to start a special pinterest board for tacky wedding ideas only.

If you go through with this post the link on here so all us knotties can add to it!!! Or so we can view it hehe
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second this. I have so many I would love to add to that board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards