Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

creative invitations

so my fiance jokes about weddings being funerals all the time. he has a t-shirt with a stick figure bride and groom where the bride is smiling and the groom is frowning, underneath it says " Game Over".  I am considering creating an invitation for just friends (not family) this is a "funeral" invitation as he puts it but i am not sure how i would word everything. Does anyone know of a site or have ideas for this kind of thing? thanks!

Re: creative invitations

• Options
    I think the majority of Knotties are going to tell you to stick with traditional invitation wording and avoid being "creative" or "funny."

The wording serves a specific purpose: to convey to the guests the logistical information about an event that you want them to attend.  Trying to crack jokes with the invitation is going to at best leave your guests scratching their heads, and at worst not showing up because they don't understand the invitation or find the "creativity" or "humor" off-putting. 
  • Options
    I also really dislike this line of humor. It's insulting to both the bride and groom. Generally, I'm fine with casual or funny invitations if they match the formality of your wedding, but this is just in bad taste.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I would not do this. Personally I know very few people who actually find this kind of thing funny. If I got something like this, I'd be like "well it sounds like they're not actually excited about this and/or they think it's a joke, so why waste my time and money to go?" KWIM?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Do you really want people to consider your wedding as a funeral??    Doesn't sound like a fun time to me.  
  • Options
    I don't get why it's funny or cute to convey that your wedding is actually a "funeral" for your FI. I feel the same way about wedding cake toppers where the bride is seemingly dragging the groom. It's disrespectful and in poor taste. 
  • Options
    I don't like when people make a joke of their wedding. Those kinds of things don't bother me for the bachelor/bachelorette parties b/c it's all in fun. But your wedding is a more formal event. Even if it's a casual wedding and not textbook "formal," the idea is the same that it should be taken seriously, with tasteful and "grownup" invitations, not silliness. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

so my fiance jokes about weddings being funerals all the time. he has a t-shirt with a stick figure bride and groom where the bride is smiling and the groom is frowning, underneath it says " Game Over".  I am considering creating an invitation for just friends (not family) this is a "funeral" invitation as he puts it but i am not sure how i would word everything. Does anyone know of a site or have ideas for this kind of thing? thanks!

This is not appropriate for wedding invitations.  I would seriously question the maturity of the couple and their readiness for marriage if I received something like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards