Honeymoon Discussions

Are you planning on buying lingerie for the honeymoon?

I was just wondering what the you're opinions on dressing up for the honeymoon were? Do you plan to buy something stunning? If so, what style are you going for? I haven't yet decided if I am going to buy something for myself to wear to the honeymoon, but I'm considering it. I'm having trouble deciding what to go with. Are you guys wearing stuff super revealing, or something modest that is really just a tease?

Re: Are you planning on buying lingerie for the honeymoon?

• I'll prob bring a slinky nighty or two. Nothing too complicated (ie: garters, stockings).
  • Yes, I'd like to get a new bra and underwear as a surprise but I can wear more regularly as well as something that is less practical (example: http://www.figleaves.com/us/product/PM-1505/Pour-Moi%3F-Amour-Basque/?size=34DDDZZE&colour=Reds).
  • Haha it's funny, because I just bought a slinky nighty, and a little sexy outfit (stockings, garters, and a corset combo) and then I'm thinking of getting a cute matching bra and underwear set to wear as well. Something practical, but sexy. I'm a very hard size to find, so it's hard for me to find sexy bras, but I found some and I'm thinking of getting some to wear to surprise him with!
  • I had planned on it but never really did. I brought a few things that I already owned but really didn't use them that often.
  • I didn't buy any. I brought some of what I got at my bachelorette party.
  • I normally sleep in the nude so I hadn't planned on getting anything...  I've since changed my mind and plan on getting 2-3 pretty/lacy nightgowns that are sexy but not slutty.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • FI and I aren't really going anywhere for our honeymoon, we are just going to the cost for a long weekend. I figured that some nice lingerie would spice it up a bit.

• I'm planning to go to South Africa for 2+ weeks with only a carry on bag...there will not be room for unnecessary items.  So I'm passing.  We are waiting a week after the wedding before we leave for the trip, so maybe i'll just buy somehting to wear at home. :-)
  • Yes, most likely I will.  I don't normally wear that kind of stuff, so I figure for a little "gift" to my fiance...well hubby by then...why not!!  :o)

• melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2013
    I live with my FI. I bought lingerie when we went on our first trip together (pre-living together) and since then, that's all I've bought ironically. I will probably buy one or two things for the honeymoon though :) My victoria secret credit card has been lonely lately. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Yea I will probably buy one set of lingerie and one just married bathing suit (I found a suit online that has a reversible bottom so you can just reverse it and wear it for years to come) I'm really not that big into the stuff plastered with bride all over it but maybe just the bathing suit since it is my only time I'll ever be able to.

I actually have a giant storage box under my bed of old lingerie that I used to wear for ex boyfriends. At the time I figured hey it's expensive stuff, why throw it out? But I haven't ever worn any of it with my fiance because even though it's expensive it's still totally creepy that I bought it or someone else so now that I think of it, I'm going home tonight to throw it all in the trash hahaha

• Probably not.  My FI's theory is why bother with sexy lingerie when you could just get naked for him instead.  He's rather not bother with the teasing cover-ups or hassle of taking it off, usually as soon as you put it on. :)

• nicoann said:

Probably not.  My FI's theory is why bother with sexy lingerie when you could just get naked for him instead.  He's rather not bother with the teasing cover-ups or hassle of taking it off, usually as soon as you put it on. :)

That is exactly how dh is.

Plus, we are both very practical people, why waste money on something you'll probably only wear once.

I can honestly say, that not wearing lingere on our HM did not have an adverse effect. Just seeing me in a bikini all day long each day was enough for dh.

• I plan on buying a few things.
  • I plan on taking some, but not a lot because.. let's face it.. you wear it for ...a couple minutes tops? I think he'd enjoy you naked just as he would a tease. Just saying. :) Go with what makes you comfortable and makes you happy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Probably not. My Fi isn't overtly sexual like that (which is kind of annoying).

I do have a few pieces that he's never seen on my before, so I'll just bring those. But I won't be buying anything new, and I imagine even the stuff I bring won't have the effect that I hope for.
  • I definitely bought a few things. Some were simple, like a matching bra and thong set that was frilly and lacy and sexy, silky nightie, etc. And then I bought a couple pieces that were more daring. My husband is not a lingerie guy per se, but he loved it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't.  It's not really DH's thing, he prefers no clothes.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'll pick up a thing or two probably - FI says why bother, the stuff stays on for a couple of minutes before it's removed, but he really enjoyed the panty and bra set I bought for when he was home on R&R in December.  I won't go overboard with it.

• I have purchased a few items because I know FI likes seeing me in them. Ya, they only get worn for a few minutes but we like to change things up so things don't get boring, and I got a sick deal on all the items I bought.

• If any of you are around the Orlando area (they probably have them other places as well), there is a VS outlet there. The same "sexy little bride" corsets that are $80-100+ are only $15. Needless to say, I'm getting a few ;)

imageimage

• delujm0 said:
    I'm planning to go to South Africa for 2+ weeks with only a carry on bag...there will not be room for unnecessary items.  So I'm passing.  We are waiting a week after the wedding before we leave for the trip, so maybe i'll just buy somehting to wear at home. :-)

Delujm, we are going to South Africa too!  When's your trip?

Same here, I know the packing will be limited, but I might bring a couple things I already own or get at bachelorette party.  That kind of stuff doesn't usually take up too much room :)  I don't think FI really cares, but it makes me feel pretty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Heck yeah! My fiancé loves it!
  • I had a different outfit every night.  They don't take a lot of room.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards