Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording for Fiance's Step Father on Invites

I am unsure how to word my fiance's parents on our invites.
 His mother remarried and he doesn't have any kind of relationship with his real father..

I was thinking-

"Johnny Does
Son of Jane and John Doe
 along with Johnathan Does"

or

"Johnny Does
Son of Jane Doe and Johnathan Does
Along with John Doe"

Would this work?  Is there a better way to say this?

Thank you!!

Re: Wording for Fiance's Step Father on Invites

• Don't use "along with."

I'd use:

John Doe
    son of
    Mr. and Mrs. William Smith (mother and stepfather)
    Mr. Steven Doe (father)

The guests will get that Mr. William Smith is John Doe's stepfather.

This is not traditional, by the way.  It is traditional not to include "son of" information at all.
  • I also have a step parent and rather then deal with the tricky wording our invites just state 'Together with their families'.
  • Ditto everything Jen said.
  • I think if he has no relationship with his bio father, then son of Mr. and Mrs. So and so is fine by itself.

• After talking to his mother and her telling me that in "No way does she want her name close to his real father's". so to put aside all the drama we have just decided to go with "Together with Their Parents" .

There's enough stress with this wedding already (6 months away;Fiance is over seas till January & wants to be here an apart of everything; family drama), the last thing I want to deal with this something so childish as wording on our invitation.

Thank you all for your help!
  • Is the bio dad even invited to the wedding? Sounds like no relationship at all like my fiances dad, and we are going to put mom and stepdads names, no mention of bio dad because he has never been in his life. He feels a little weird to say son of the stepdad but we do want to include their names so that's what we are leaning towards.
  • I think "Together with their parents" solves your problem, even though it is not traditional.  This would be the traditional  wording:

Mr. and Mrs. John Bridesparents
    request the pleasure of your company
    at the marriage of their daughter
    Bride's First Middle
    to
    Mr. Groom's Full Name
    Day, date
    time o'clock
    Venue
    Address
    City, State

The groom's parents do not appear on the invitation unless they are hosting your wedding.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards