Wedding Reception Forum

Peacock colors without looking garish?

I've always loved the colors of peacock feathers, but now that I'm planning my wedding, I'm worried that there aren't a lot of options out there without it looking gaudy. I've looked at incorporating a lot more bronze and gold than color to try and keep that from happening, but I'm having a difficult time picturing what flowers would work with any of those colors. We've picked up a few teal and bronze tea light holders for starters. 

I've also just purchased my wedding dress and it's color is called "light gold" but IMO it's more of a blush, which I'm worried will clash.

Re: Peacock colors without looking garish?

• That dress is a neutral (and not at all blush, if you ask me), and is not going to clash with blues and greens. 

To avoid looking gaudy, simply don't overkill it with the colors and/or peacock feathers (if you are using any). 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Some ideas for a peacock coloured wedding without being too peacock-ish: http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/comment/7015699#Comment_7015699  
    I agree with PP, the dress isn't blush IMO.
  • If you don't want it to be gaudy, then it won't be. Just go with your natural instincts of what you think will look good without being over the top and you'll be fine. Don't buy anything off impulse, and find simple ways to incorporate the colors instead of being like BAM! For instance, instead of doing peacock feathers every where, maybe only a few as centerpieces or your bouquet or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards