Pre-wedding Parties
Options

In the dark about my Bachelorette party

My friends are graciously planning my bachelorette party. I am grateful for their generosity but feeling a little stressed. They asked if I would open up my house for the start of the party where everyone will meet and/or get ready for the limo to take us out since I am centrally located. Of course I don't have a problem with all my family and friends meeting at my house for a party thrown for me, but my problem is that the girls are not giving me ANY information as to what is going on. I know the day and that we are having a limo, that is ALL. The sent out email invites with specifics but I did not receive one and everytime I ask about the details they just say "Oh it is going to be so much fun!" I don't know how to explain to them that while I am thankful for what they are doing they are adding more stress to this time for me because they are not keeping me informed, yet they are using my house. Any advice?

Re: In the dark about my Bachelorette party

• Options
    Who's planning it? Talk to that person or your MOH - privately and in person if possible. 

Say more or less what you said here, "Sally, I'm really looking forward to my bachelorette party and I'm so appreciative of you all putting in so much effort to throw it for me. I can't wait! However, I've been feeling a little stressed about having no clue what's going on. I definitely do not need to know exactly where we're going or a step-by-step itinerary, but I think I would be able to enjoy myself a lot more if I knew ____________" (e.g. what to dress for (bar, club, outdoors, etc.), how long we'll be out, will we be walking a lot, how long will people be at my house/should I provide pre-game drinks/snacks, whatever other info would make you feel less stressed out)

Also, it's fine for you to voice general requests - like "I'm not comfortable wearing a penis necklace" or "I really don't want to wear a t-shirt with lifesavers on it" or "my only request is that we hit up (insert favorite bar here)" as long as you're not trying to run the show.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thank you for the info. I wasn't sure if it would be too forward and rude for me to approach this topic since this a party someone else is throwing for me.
  • Options
    I agree that if you have questions, ask. The party is thrown in your honor so the girls planning it should have the best intentions, not want to embarass you or make you uncomfortable. It's probably not a big deal that they all gather at your house to get dressed but if it bothers you, just say so.
  • Options
    Mine is also a surprise and I honestly HATE surprises. So I'm in the same boat... I love my MOH to death and trust her completely, but I really want to know what the heck is going on and when
  • Options
    I'm not sure who you live with, but maybe have them get in touch with your MOH / other BMS. That way if they needed anything at the house they could talk to them about it, and you wouldn't have to stress over it while still being surprised. :)
  • Options
    I would want to know. I don't like the idea of possibly being dragged to do something someone else has decided I will love to do.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards