August 2014 Weddings

Honeymoon confusion

Have y'all decided where you're going for your honeymoons yet?? I love St. Lucia but hurricane season has me a little freaked...

Re: Honeymoon confusion

• Not yet. We can't agree on anywhere.
  • I think I picked our place today!  We're thinking St. James Club All Inclusive in St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda!  I don't know how much the actual trip is (his parents are giving us timeshare exchange points for it), but the all inclusive aspect will cost us $125 per person, per day.  They have six pools, four restaurants, a spa, the beach, watersports...and all food and drinks of course are included.  We haven't officially booked it yet (waiting til FI gets off work), but I've already looked at flights and everything for it!  Hopefully this is our place because it looks awesome!

• Actually we changed our plans to have a nonstop flight instead of a bunch layovers, so we're going to the Dominican Republic!  We'll be staying at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana.  It's another all inclusive (but it's $163/ person/ day) and it's adults only.  Super excited! :)

• We are taking a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas!! It's already paid for too! So excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm thinking the same thing @TexasBride2014 ... hurricane season and do I want to chance it. Although I have found some not so tropical honeymoon ideas like Cabos, San Diego, and even a Trans-rocky Mountain train ride across Canada that looks BEAUTIFUL! Alaska is also an idea since it won't be frigid yet.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think we've agreed on Portland, Maine. We found some lobster fishing tours, a whale watching tour, kayaking and, a train trip to Boston.  FI has never been and that part of the country is beautiful. We thought about doing something tropical but, since we live in a port town, we figured we could do a cruiser time.

I have family that won't be able to attend the wedding due to health issues. I am close with them and while we don't see them often we do talk frequently. That said I think we will try to take a day visit them while on our honeymoon.

• Haven't booked yet. I love the idea of Hawaii but would not like the cost or the airplane time coming from the east coast. Considering St. John, curaçao, Aruba, etc. Aruba and curaçao are not in the main hurricane belt so I hear they are safer in August. Are you all taking your trip right after the wedding or postponing to when it is colder at home?
  • My FMIL and FFIL just got back from Antigua... their non-photoshopped pics are gorgeous!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're leaving right after the wedding- we're strongly considering St Lucia because it too is below the hurricane belt :)
  • We have already booked flights, hotels, a rental car and day trips... 
  • edited January 2014
    We are going to Jamaica. Staying at Couples Swept Away in Negril... I can't wait!
  • I have not thought about honeymoon yet. I'm not sure we will do it right away or not. Depends on how we do on budget.
  • Hahahaha us neither. Good to know there is people out there in the same situation. He doesn't want to leave U.S.A!
  • @jessicafer, I think we're doing SF/Napa--you can be the beach without atrocious heat and fear of hurricanes, and stay in the USA!
  • Hurricane season has me nervous planning anything at this time!

• Oh me too! We booked St. Lucia but we're getting every sort of trip insurance we can!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards