Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party- but no good friends

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!

Even since high school I've been a loner who stays home and reads on Friday night.  I never related very well to the girls around me, so I don't have any close friends except my sisters, and only one lives in state.  

STILL, I don't want to miss out on a bachelorette-esque celebration!

My fiance on the other hand, is "Mr. Popular" and he has a ton of really good friends.  I get along amazingly well with his friend's wives/fiancees, but that's about all I got!

That being said, I'd feel pretty embarrassed for those girls to realize they're the only friends I have- (they each have their own old friends from college/high school)

Has anyone else been in a similar situation to this when thinking about their bachelorette party?

Please let me know any ideas!  
Thank you so much!!
Lily

Re: Bachelorette Party- but no good friends

• Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!

Even since high school I've been a loner who stays home and reads on Friday night.  I never related very well to the girls around me, so I don't have any close friends except my sisters, and only one lives in state.  

STILL, I don't want to miss out on a bachelorette-esque celebration!

My fiance on the other hand, is "Mr. Popular" and he has a ton of really good friends.  I get along amazingly well with his friend's wives/fiancees, but that's about all I got!

That being said, I'd feel pretty embarrassed for those girls to realize they're the only friends I have- (they each have their own old friends from college/high school)

Has anyone else been in a similar situation to this when thinking about their bachelorette party?

Please let me know any ideas!  
    Thank you so much!!
    Lily

You don't plan your own bachelorette party. If someone offers to throw you one, you have one. If not, you don't have one. Kinda works like a shower. 

You could suggest that you do a combined bach party and everyone just does a friends weekend. Still though, you and your FI wouldn't plan it. Someone would offer to throw it for you. It's not the end of the world if you don't have one. Lots of people don't.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thank you for your response!  I didn't realize planning your own was against the rules. 
    I think my sisters and I will plan a trip to celebrate!
    Thanks again!
  • I think the sister trip is a great idea. You don't want to have a bachelorette just for the wedding "experience" it should mean something special.
  • For the bachelorette "experience" I agree, time with just your sisters sounds more like your style.  If you really like the SOs of your fiance's friends, then invite them over for a girls' luncheon so you can all get to know each other better before the wedding (without the guys around).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards