September 2014 Weddings

Newly Engaged September Bride!

Hi!
My name is Shyann. I'm 26 (on Friday 12/6) and FI is 27. We are getting married on September 6th in Indianapolis. He proposed on Sunday (12/1) and we started planning that night!  We started dating on 1/18/13 after being friends for 6 years.

I'm a mental health social worker at a prison and FI works at a medical supply company. We have an 11 year old house cat named Reagan and a 5 year old English Bulldog named Watson. We are so excited to be planning this wedding!
Anniversary

Re: Newly Engaged September Bride!

• Congrats Shyann!
  • Congratulations! And we're wedding day twins!
  • Congrats!  I love that you started planning that night.  My FI proposed when we were on vacation in Jamaica and I kept teasing him the rest of the trip, "Just wait until we get off that plane...the plans will begin!" haha.  Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!  I love that you started planning that night.  My FI proposed when we were on vacation in Jamaica and I kept teasing him the rest of the trip, "Just wait until we get off that plane...the plans will begin!" haha.  Best of luck!
    thanks! He was all about planning it right away, so we made a guest list and picked a date. This week we started researching venues and trying to decide on wedding colors!
    Anniversary

Me too! Well we were about to embark on our trip to Tokyo and Beijing and he was planning on proposing on the Great Wall, but then the night before we flew out he had a nervous breakdown about airport security taking the ring so he popped the question in our bedroom. But the whole time I was on vacation I was like I just want to get home and start planning!! hahaha

I got home and booked the venue within 2 weeks. woohoo congrats Shyann

• @xmobergx Too funny!  I was the same way on our trip!!  My FI did the same thing!  He was so worried about the airport security finding it, so he googled what other people have done to hide rings.  He literally put the ring in the box INSIDE A SOCK in his carry-on bag??  Apparently someone in the world of google had tried this before and it worked?

Congrats!  And what an awesome trip!  Where did you decide to go on your honeymoon, @xmobergx ?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dpelkey- nice that's so cool that he got in on the plane!! I kinda wish mine had waited until we were there but I didn't care that it was in our house, I was still over the moon! 
    Tokyo was really fun, and we met this girl on the Great Wall from Michigan who was smitten by our story so she took all these great photos of us that we used as our engagement photos!! 
    We are going to Jamaica for the honeymoon...my mom is a travel agent so she wanted to send me to her favorite resort down there. It's on it's own private 7 mile beach aaaahh can't wait! Have you decided on your yet? 
  • @xmobergx You're right...no matter where it happens, it's always special.  That is awesome about the engagement pictures!  Oh my goodness!!!  Where in Jamaica are you going??  That private beach sounds amazing.  We stayed in Ochos Rios at Couples Tower Isle and it was absolutely AMAZING.  All inclusive is the way to go!  We literally didn't have to do a single thing while we were there.  That was the ultimate relaxing vacation.

We aren't totally sure yet about our honeymoon.  We want to do something different since we just did tropical resort.  My fiance really wants to go to Bar Harbor, Maine, so we may do that.  That's next on the planning list...honeymoon.  And flowers.  And bridesmaid dresses.  And the list goes on and on! haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dpelkey- if you loved Tower Isle you'd love this one, it's Couples Swept Away in Negril. Most all inclusives only include food and drink but as you know Couples has so many other things included like waterskiing, scuba diving, sunset cruises, golf- you can't go wrong with that!!

I live in New England so I personally find Maine boring/too smiliar to home but I can definitely see the charm if you're from somewhere else! Lighthouses, cottage homes in small towns, amazing seafood!

• @xmobergx Oh my goodness...you will have so much fun!  You are making me want to go back!!  Couples was FABULOUS.  You are right...there is literally so much included in the price.  The initial cost can sort of shock you, but it is worth every penny.  There was ALWAYS something special going on at the resort...special buffet dinners on the beach, glass bottom boat rides, jewelry making, beach volley ball, shopping trips.  It was just fabulous. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards