Wedding Party
Options

the hair game...

Okay, so I'm not planning on paying for my bridemaids hair. I voiced this to my SIL and FSIL (brother's FI) and they both said they wanted their hair done at the salon and when I make the appointment I just say I want it for all my girls. I basically said no I'm not making my girls have to get their hair done nor am I paying for it (I was blunt, good thing they're related to me!) But, because I want to set up my appointment ASAP (maybe today-tomorrow) I sent out a text to my other two Bridesmaids saying "Do you want to get your hair profesionally done for my wedding? It doesn't have to be but just need to know so I can make the appointment" My one BM texted back Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (she's overly happy) and the other one inquired saying if I want their hair a certain style and if she can do it herself then she'll just do it otherwise she'd have to have it done. I told her I'm not picky and her hair can look however she would like. She then asked me if I wanted it up or down and I told her I don't care, it's whatever you would like. She then said she'd just do her own.

My FI thinks that my text implies that I will pay for it and I should tell my BM who said yes that I wouldn't be paying for it. I think it doesn't imply that and just wanted inputs of what you think/would do. I'll prob be talking to this BM this weekend either way about life in general, her wedding, my wedding etc.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: the hair game...

• Options
    I wouldn't think that someone is paying unless they come out and say it. You can text back and say "the prices for updo's are this, make-up is this and eyelashes are this. Let me know if this is in your budget so I can make an appointment!" or something like that.
  • Options
    I wouldn't assume that someone was paying for my hair unless they specifically indicated that. But you might want to make sure. Ditto what the PP said about asking her. 
  • Options
    K. I will mention it during our phone call this weekend then. I'm not getting my make up professionally done so they won't be on my expense either. My BM and I will battle my make up together (she offered to help with it)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I wouldn't assume you were paying unless you outright offered, but I might clarify anyways. Maybe next time you talk to them just casually mention the pricing for the salon so they can be prepared.
  • Options
    Okay, so I'm not planning on paying for my bridemaids hair. I voiced this to my SIL and FSIL (brother's FI) and they both said they wanted their hair done at the salon and when I make the appointment I just say I want it for all my girls. I basically said no I'm not making my girls have to get their hair done nor am I paying for it (I was blunt, good thing they're related to me!) But, because I want to set up my appointment ASAP (maybe today-tomorrow) I sent out a text to my other two Bridesmaids saying "Do you want to get your hair profesionally done for my wedding? It doesn't have to be but just need to know so I can make the appointment" My one BM texted back Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (she's overly happy) and the other one inquired saying if I want their hair a certain style and if she can do it herself then she'll just do it otherwise she'd have to have it done. I told her I'm not picky and her hair can look however she would like. She then asked me if I wanted it up or down and I told her I don't care, it's whatever you would like. She then said she'd just do her own.

My FI thinks that my text implies that I will pay for it and I should tell my BM who said yes that I wouldn't be paying for it. I think it doesn't imply that and just wanted inputs of what you think/would do. I'll prob be talking to this BM this weekend either way about life in general, her wedding, my wedding etc.
    Ditto vk.  Text her back and say, "I forgot to give you the price.  It's x for the up do.  I did make youre appointment.  If that's too much, just let me know so I cancel the appointment" or something to that effect.  I think your text could go either way.  Obviously your other BM knew she was paying and declined using your salon.
  • Options
    I actually just talked to my maid of honor about this today. I was very upfront about it. I explained that since the salon I go to is actually closed on the day of the wedding, if other people are getting their hair done with me, we'll have to actually ask additional stylists to come in that day. It's totally fine with the salon, but they need to know way ahead of time.

I made it clear to my maid of honor that 1) she is not expected to have her hair professionally done (or even done a certain way), 2) if she does want to have her hair done, it doesn't have to be at my salon, and 3) I almost certainly can't afford to cover it for her. Same goes for make-up.

Just be honest and clear. Don't assume that your 'maids will know something. True--you didn't offer to pay for hair, but they can't tell for sure if you didn't offer because they're supposed to assume they're paying for it, or because they're supposed to assume YOU'RE paying for it.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

I agree w/pp that it could be taken either way. Just to be say and to avoid any ackward or embarassing situtions on the day of your wedding talk to her asap to clarify that you won't be paying for the hair do & what the cost is.

I did the same thing for my girls, I couldn't afford to pay for their hair so I just sent an email out saying this is where I'm getting my hair done, this is the cost, would you like to get your hair done there too?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards