Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair and Makeup Trial Tip?

Hi All--if the owner of the hair and makeup company is coming to do my hair and makeup trial that I am paying for and being charged a travel fee--do you typically tip for this? Thanks!

Re: Hair and Makeup Trial Tip?

• I always figured that you should tip for any salon appointments.  I always tip if I go get a haircut, get nails done, whatever... why should it make any difference if they come to you location. 

• I tipped on my makeup trial.  Wasn't really going to, but my parent's (better) judgement prevailed.  Never hurts.
  • This is a good question. I have read on here that if you have a vendor that is an owner there is no need to tip that person. I am interested in seeing the responses to this as I will be in the same situation.
  • If you go to a salon then you tip. But if you're getting it done by an independent who owns her own studio then you don't have to, IMO.
  • I think stylists that rent a space at the salon doesn't get the 100% of what you get charged! plus they pay a rental fee to the salon. Therefore the tip. But if you're going to someone who is working for themselves, whatever they charge you is their income.
  • i do not think you tip if it is the owner.
  • I think its good to tip.....IF you have exceptional fabulous service. There has been the rule for many years that if its the owner you shouldnt tip. However, nowadays, with more salons renting out booth space, I think that rule has gone out the window. I think that no matter what service you are getting or where the service is, you should tip, if you enjoyed the experience and the stylist or makeup artist was exceptional and went above and beyond your expectations. Here are a few more tips when booking for wedding hair and makeup http://beautybybri.com/wedding-makeup-faq
    I ALWAYS tip no matter what because you have to consider most in the salon industry dont get benefits and have to fend for themselves so I always like to consider tipping. DO unto others! LOL
  • I definitely go by the rule that if they are good, you tip. And considering that this person is going to play a big role on your wedding day, I'm going to keep her happy!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards