Wedding Woes
Options

Kind of a disappointment. Just a mini vent sesh.

When dress shopping there was this shop in my hometown. She is an amazing seamstress and does beautiful bead work. I fell in love with it, unfortunately I did not find a dress I like there. I ended up finding my dream dress in NYC. Its a beautiful Marisa gown with lace and buttons down the back. 

I couldn't help but hope that the lady in my hometown would be able to do her beautiful beadwork on the lace like the dresses in her shop. I know she took outside alterations so I figured when my dress came in I would ask her to work on my dress. Well, I called today and she said that she already has her hands full for next October and she is expecting more brides to purchase from her store and need alterations in that time frame. She can not take on my dress. 

I have to admit I am a bit bummed that the dress wont be as sparkly at I thought. Either way, I am super excited to have my dream dress and I'm going to rock it! I cant wait to see it again. 

Thanks ladies for listening. I had to vent somewhere!

Re: Kind of a disappointment. Just a mini vent sesh.

• Options
    Is there another seamstress she would recommend that you could check out? I know when my mom has her hands full, she has a few others that she'll refer brides to... either way, I'm sure it'll be lovely

• Options
    Have you thought about a sash?  My dress was very simple but I blinged it up with a sash and it had just the right amount of sparkle.

• Options
    @tmclawchick I checked with other seamstresses and bridal salons in the area and none of them are willing to take it on so I'm going to do what @rklinge0 suggested and try sashes with the dress. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards