May 2014 Weddings
Options

Transportation Dilemma

Sooo here's the deal... As most regulars on this board know, we're having a ridiiiiiiiculously small wedding, and only one attendant each (his twin and my sister). FI and twin will be driving themselves the 30ish mins to our venue on the day of, and my sister and I will be at a B&B about 5 minutes down the road from the venue (it's kinda out in the country/small town). FI expects that sis and I will be driving ourselves to the venue, too, since it's so close and there are only 2 of us. Plus, no one is really going to see us arrive, and even if they do, it's all immediate family and who cares. My issue is that I chose a much... poofier dress than I originally expected. I really don't know how easy it will be to get into a normal sedan, and it don't want to risk getting dirt/grease on it. At the same time, I can't tell FI about my dress issue and I also can't justify wanting to rent something with slightly bigger/wider doors and more seating space so that 2 people can be driven 5 minutes down the road. What should I do?

Re: Transportation Dilemma

• Options
    Anyone in your family have a SUV you could borrow?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is there anywhere in the venue where you could get dressed? You could get completely ready at the B&B and just get to the venue a little early and put your dress on there so you don't have to worry about it.
  • Options
    I say look into borrowing a larger vehicle from a family member.  The other option is to have your sister drive, with you in the back.  Have the passenger seat pulled all the way forward to give you room, and just be careful getting in and out of the car.  Take your time with both and have your sister help you in and out of the car.  You might also be able to rent just a sedan as opposed to a limo, which is cheaper.  Its another option too.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards