So I got called a bridezilla and my FI got called a groomzilla. Why? Because we gave our bridal party deadlines for getting things done.
We know our bridal party and know how busy they are and a few are very spacy at times. Ex: One of my bridesmaids is a single mother of 5. She is hella busy and needs deadlines to get things done (she's told me this before - not just about the wedding stuff).
The groomsmen were easy. We told them they had to be measured for their tuxedos by X date. They all agreed and had no issue.
The bridesmaids on the other hand threw a fit and we have been called bridezilla and groomzilla.
I know the deadlines we gave the girls seemed harsh but before we decided to give deadlines, we had a lot of issues.
Here is what we said to the girls:
"Just as a reminder, it is very IMPORTANT that you have:
- Alterations BOOKED NO LATER than APRIL 30th!!! The store said they usually take a couple days to do each person's alterations and want time to "redo" or alter some more if needed.
-*Note*: Alterations / alteration fees are NOT included in the original cost of the dress. Alterations vary per person and vary in cost depending on what needs to be done.
- When going to the alteration appointment please be sure to have any undergarments you plan on wearing and your shoes!!!!
- SHOES for the day of by the FIRST alteration appointment since this will help with where / if the dress needs to be shortened at all.
- Money for Nails for the day of ($25-50 per girl depending on what you decide to have done for nails)
- Money Hair the day of (the salon said it will be approximately $60 / hour per girl. It may be a little extra based on how 'involved" your style you pick is)"
Do you ladies think we were too harsh at all or overstepped the line?