Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

RD Centerpieces... opinions needed!

My FMIL wants to do centerpieces for the RD. She originally wanted to do flowers – which I talked her out of because of cost and well .. DF and I were hoping the RD would be less formal!

I found an idea for photo centerpieces (click) which looks easy – except for the print on vellum thing.. anyone have thoughts or other easy centerpiece ideas?

Re: RD Centerpieces... opinions needed!

• edited December 2011
    What kind of wedding are you having (theme? colors? other details you're using)? How many centerpieces do you have to make?

Those photos are cute, but I wonder if they would look a little lonely by themselves. How big are your tables?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I like that! The candle in the middle makes me nervous, I'd probably go with a flameless one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, printing on vellum can be tricky. It doesn't absorb the ink, so you have to be really careful. eHow has pretty good instructions. The link is here (clicky)!
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree w/ Panther on the flameless candles and vellum picture frames - they would look great.

Just using candles (floating, pillars of different heights) could look nice as a centerpiece for a RD.  Also, I think bud vases with 1-2 stems and some candles (sorta like you see on tables at some restaurants) could be perfect for a RD and not so costly.
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ahh flameless candles.. good thoughts!

yea im pretty nervous about the whole printing on vellum thing.. it has the makings of a disaster waiting to happen...

we are doing a black and gold themed RD.. my FMIL and FFIL are HUGE steeler fans so it will make them happy.. and they are hosting the dinner.
    My plan was to print some of our e-pics that we took wearing our steeler jerseys for the centerpieces... they might look a little small and lost on the tables.. but we also don't want anything big so that they are unobtrusive.. not sure how many we'll have to make yet.. we'll prob have 6-8 to a table so we will have to make no more than 7 or 8.

still have time to just go with the floating pillars thing though... which would be easier.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    D, one of our centerpieces is going to be a group of four or five Mason jars, with a single stem in each. It's cheap and really easy. If you wanted to stick with the black and gold theme, you could choose yellow flowers and tie a black ribbon around the jar.

You could also do two or three jars and then a 5x7 black frame of the e-pics with the jars.
  • edited December 2011
    Other random ideas:

Maybe something like this (clicky) but using black and gold balls or beads.

These stamped glass candle holders (clicky) are a clean-looking centerpiece... could use monograms or even a Steelers logo stamp :)

I've seen a lot of people create centerpieces using clear containers and fruit... since you have a black-and-gold theme, you could use lemons and maybe black plums.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SO MUCH for the ideas ladies!! i'll let you know what we decide on!

• ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    I did something similar for memory candles for our wedding. They were SUPER simple to make.

We bought cylinder vases from Michael's and tall, scentless candles that were in glass jars to go inside them. We printed pictures of our loved ones and used double sided tape to secure them. We also put ribbon around the top and bottom of the vase to jazz them up!

They did not melt the vellum or event get hot. They were lit out entire reception.

I can't find the pictures though... if you have any questions feel free to PM me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards