Destination Weddings Discussions

Thank You's for RSVPing early?

OK, I know this is weird, but I'm kind of impressed with how fast people have RSVPed. Some of them, my family warned me wouldn't RSVP at all, and it was a surprise to get them, with a nice message on the card. I kind of want to thank them, via private message on Facebook or private email, for responding so soon, and also say that we are sorry they can't make it/are so excited they will be joining us. 

Is that a weird thing to do? For those who aren't coming, will it look pushy that I'm thanking them? My anxiety makes me imagine a worst case scenario that my cousin's wife will think I'm being gift grabby by doing that. Is that a rational fear?

Re: Thank You's for RSVPing early?

• Consider yourself lucky for getting early RSVP's. Two weeks before we left we were still chasing RSVP's and had someone book their hotel the week off the seeking. 

Though not necessary, I don't see anything wrong with thanking people for their RSVP. However, I might just do it when I happen to talk to the person on the phone or run into them. 

And no, thanking them isn't gift grabby. I really really hate how that term is thrown around here especially on the etiquette board. If you someone thinks your innocent gesture is gift grabby, that says a lot more about the person thinking that way than it does about you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't see any problem with it.  It may be nice to get the confirmation that you received their RSVP anyway. 

I only received back about 1/2 my RSVPs... about 90% of those came back within a week of sending out invites.  The rest came trickling in right before the deadline.  People generally will either mark it and return it right away before they forget or they will put it off and either do it last minute or not at all.  I'm the type to do it right away, otherwise it gets thrown in a pile and never sent back.

• Thanks to both of you! I think I will let it come up in conversation, and then maybe when  send Christmas gifts, I'll put a little note in the card.
  • We have sent emails to all of our guests who have RSVPd yes to confirm that we received their RSVP.

We will also be mailing out visitor guide booklets and DIY luggage tags for our destination to guests who have said yes about 6 - 8 weeks before our wedding.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• missmo14 said:
    ...  We will also be mailing out visitor guide booklets and DIY luggage tags for our destination to guests who have said yes about 6 - 8 weeks before our wedding.
    That's a really cute idea. I wanted to do something like that, but later realized I won't have the budget, and it's going to be a pretty even split of people who have been there before and haven't. While it's a lovely extra touch, I don't think the frequent travelers will get the same kind of use out of it, so I'm going to put all of that info on the website. Not that anyone will EVER read the website!
  • I know what you mean. Only about 3 of our guests have been to the destination so I think they will get a kick out of it.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards