Ohio-Cleveland

Budget photographer?

Budget photographer sounds really bad, but we are looking for someone inexpensive who still does decent work. Long story short, we had a photographer but it turned out bad so now we are looking for a new one after losing our deposit for the other one. We're having somewhat of a budget wedding and would like to keep the photography under $1000 especially since we lost our first deposit, our first was only charging $800 so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any that I'm missing? I've checked other posts and have only come across about two I like so far.

Re: Budget photographer?

• Well, I found two that I liked but they are both around 1300. DV8ed Photography (www.dv8ed.com), he hasn't updated his website in a while but I did e-mail him and he still does wedding photography. The other is a friend a mine who we are going with, he is located in Columbus but travels all around the state Tommy Webb Photography (www.tommywebbphotography.com). I know it's still slightly out of budget but I hope that helps.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Budget photographer sounds really bad, but we are looking for someone inexpensive who still does decent work. Long story short, we had a photographer but it turned out bad so now we are looking for a new one after losing our deposit for the other one. We're having somewhat of a budget wedding and would like to keep the photography under $1000 especially since we lost our first deposit, our first was only charging $800 so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any that I'm missing? I've checked other posts and have only come across about two I like so far.
    I used Rob Rife for $995. Let me know if you'd like a link to our pics to check them out!
  • We're using Taryn Leach with Leach Photography. Her website is www.leachphotography.com. She's out of Akron, but is driving to Sandusky for us. She was amazing to work with for our engagement pictures! I have a sneak peak of our engagement pictures if you want to see them, just let me know. :) Hope this helps!
  • check out www.kayronevich.com, she is fabulous and great to work with. Her prices are listed on her website.
  • We are using Taryn Leach as well. We got our engagement photos back (which was free with our package) and I absolutely loved how they turned out!!!! Very affordable, under a thousand, and so great to work with! We were looking for an affordable photographer as well. A lot of the prices we found were insane! (Also just an FYI, my friend used Rob Rife, and was unhappy. Just saying). Good luck and happy photog hunting!! (If there is such fun in it) lol

• mlg78 said:
    I used Rob Rife for $995. Let me know if you'd like a link to our pics to check them out!

I'd love a link if you don't mind, we have a meeting with him next week!

We are using Taryn Leach as well. We got our engagement photos back (which was free with our package) and I absolutely loved how they turned out!!!! Very affordable, under a thousand, and so great to work with! We were looking for an affordable photographer as well. A lot of the prices we found were insane! (Also just an FYI, my friend used Rob Rife, and was unhappy. Just saying). Good luck and happy photog hunting!! (If there is such fun in it) lol
    I tried reaching out to her through her website and haven't heard anything yet...do you know an easier way to get in touch?
  • Have you considered posting a flyer at a nearby college asking student photographers? I know it sounds a little chancey, but it's what my parents did - they got a really good deal and their pictures came out great. Most students who are serious about photography, even as a hobby, should have a portfolio you can look at before making a decision.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • shanlehman21shanlehman21 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2013
  • We just emailed her through her email address on her website. That's probably what you did though. Haha
  • Try Le Petite Wedding Venue and Professional Photography....their prices are around your price range and with great quality!  www.lepetitwedding.com ...they also have a reasonably priced video services. 
  • BeachBrideZilla
  • She never got back to me. I ended up booking with Rob Rife, he is very friendly and understanding and gave us a great deal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards