• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding Party

Fast Bridesmaid dresses

Hello all!

We are planning a very fast wedding - we just set the date in early March to help allow my grandfather to attend.  He has recently fallen quite ill.

Since it is only 3 months away, I can't order bridesmaid dresses from a traditional designer and I'm having trouble finding ones that I can easily order.  I've looked at J Crew and Ann Taylor, neither of which have what I'm looking for.  

What other vendors are available that would ship in 2 weeks or less?

Thanks!

Janell

Re: Fast Bridesmaid dresses

  • @doiron2014

    Maybe go to a store like Kohls or Boston Store or Macy's etc. That way you can find a dress you like and they can find it in a size that fits them right then and there. 2 weeks is pretty quick for any place to get, process, and ship and for you to get the order.
  • KeptInStitchesKeptInStitches the Northern Plains member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    Department stores are pretty quick - I think Macy's usually has lovely dresses. Dress Barn might be another option. I ordered a BM dress from David's Bridal and only waited 2 weeks.

    Good luck and i am very sorry to hear about your grandfather.
  • Nordstrom, they will ship fast and have free returns - good luck!
  • Pick out a color/fabric/style and have each girl find their own dress.

    image 
    KatWAGBlue_Bird
  • Let them pick their own! I told my BMs navy and knee length and they both looked fabulous. If not, I love ModCloth.com. 

  • I second the department store idea.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
    image
  • Either let them pick their own (just say blue, knee length) or go through a big box retailer. Target has cheap BM dresses that ship quickly:

    *********************************************************************************

    image
  • Since you need them so fast, be prepared to be less particular about what you are looking for- be prepared to buy off the rack.

    I would tell your bridesmaids a colour and length of dress and let them pick their own. 

    David's Bridal usually ships dresses within 4-6 weeks (in my experience, even when they said the dress would take 12 weeks), so if you ordered them NOW you would get them in time. 
  • My girls ordered their dresses from David's Bridal the day before Thanksgiving and they were here a week later.  I don't even know how that was possible with the holiday but they are here.
  • WeeshWeesh NY member
    250 Love Its Third Anniversary 100 Comments Name Dropper
    jneen101 said:
    My girls ordered their dresses from David's Bridal the day before Thanksgiving and they were here a week later.  I don't even know how that was possible with the holiday but they are here.
    The dresses for my BM's came in a week also, my mother also found her MOB dress there and it was in after a week.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Weesh said:
    jneen101 said:
    My girls ordered their dresses from David's Bridal the day before Thanksgiving and they were here a week later.  I don't even know how that was possible with the holiday but they are here.
    The dresses for my BM's came in a week also, my mother also found her MOB dress there and it was in after a week.  Good luck!
    That's great, but I wouldn't be banking on this. I ordering mine over Thanksgiving for a wedding last year and it didn't coming in until after New Years. 

  • David's Bridal is both cheap and VERY fast when you order online.  Plus if your BMs are spread out they should all be able to get to a store near them to try things on, which is helpful.
  • delujm0 said:
    David's Bridal is both cheap and VERY fast when you order online.  Plus if your BMs are spread out they should all be able to get to a store near them to try things on, which is helpful.
    DB is not cheap. $100+ for a dress I can almost guarantee no one will wear again isn't a deal. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards