Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception Time: How late is too late?

My church's ceremony time is at 7 pm, and since it'll be a mass it will be about an hour. The wedding will be in April, so it won't be getting dark to early, and the reception will only be about 15 minutes away. However, after pictures and such with family and together, we will probably arrive at the reception around 8:45 or 9. We plan on just have desserts and snack food (it's casual, finger foods like mini burgers and sandwiches) and lots of dancing.

Is that too late for a reception?

Re: Reception Time: How late is too late?

• Options
    It's not too late, but I'd try to minimize that gap as much as possible.  Take all the family/wedding party photos except those with both you and your FI in them before the ceremony and limit the photos between ceremony and reception to those with both you and your FI in them.  Do whatever else you can to minimize that gap by moving up as much as you can before the ceremony.
  • Options
    I would urge you to do a first look so that you can go straight to your reception since your reception will probably be a bit shorter considering how late you are starting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards