Connecticut
Options

Jen Strunk was a No Show Now I Need A Recommendation

First, I'm really disappointed to be writing this..but I wanted other brides to know about this experience. 

With a Aug 2014 wedding coming up I contacted Jen well in advance to secure her services, because she's obviously a board fave, and has tons of experience at our venue. The first time I contacted her was in July via email, in which I immediately received an email back that detailed her services and stating that she was available for my wedding date. I responded same day inquiring when we could meet to discuss services and sign a contract. I received no response for weeks.

After emailing her back (3 times) I finally reached out to her through fb message. She apologized and informed me she was having issues with her email, and that she was currently busy but would be available in September to meet up. I didn't think anything of it, everyone has technical issues sometimes. So in September I reached out to her but she was busy. 

I finally reached out again via FB in October & November but this time no response. I left 4 more messages via FB message and STILL no response. I even emailed her twice and found a number on Weddingwire and left a VM. NO RESPONSE.

I was really taken aback by her lack of communication, especially since she has rave reviews on every wedding website I've checked, that is why I gave her the benefit of the doubt for SO LONG.

I had contacted maybe a dozen other DOC's in July for my wedding and turned them all down. I now have to start the search all over again and I'm sure most of them will not be available for my long holiday weekend date. I think that is what is most upsetting. Her lack of communication has possibly prevented me from getting a great DOC that would have been available if I had not waited around for her to respond.

SOOO, with that being said lol, does anyone recommend their DOC? I'm obviously desperate here haha.

Re: Jen Strunk was a No Show Now I Need A Recommendation

• Options
    That's too bad about Jen! 

Here is someone that's been recommended before on the boards (below).  Good luck with your search! 

Comment by Corkey450 on August 20th:
    I hired Carisa Lockery and it was the BEST MONEY I spent on the entire wedding. It rained and was freezing the day of our wedding. Carisa set up an indoor ceremony without ever needing to ask me a question and it was more beautiful than anything I could have ever imagined. She also helped my mom purchase small blankets for guests that did not dress for the weather. They were rolled up with string and with sign that said "warm wishes"! Amazing. I cannot recommend her enough. This is a link to her business, CR Socials. http://www.crsocials.com Whoever you end up using, I highly recommend having at least a day of coordinator, depending on your venue. We had a "bring everything in" type of venue, and a day of coordinator was imperative. Can you tell I am glad I had a day of coordinator? Sorry for the overly enthusiastic post. I just can't express how helpful Carisa was. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm incredible sorry that you had this experience with her now but better now than have her drop the ball with your wedding. I interviewed her as a DOC and personally didn't connect, I felt that she was building her portfolio and really didn't seem personally interested in our wedding.

However, that's not here nor there, you need a great DOC!

We also did interview Carisa and she was our 2nd favorite, however we ended up going with Christine from Down the Aisle. http://downtheaislect.com/

Give Christine a call and see if you connect! She was on top of our every detail and we couldn't of been happier with how her services turned out. In the end she stated that we had more detail that most of her weddings in the past and since we had to bring everything in for our wedding it was a lot for her to execute and she did it extremely well!  If you want to know more please message me!
  • Options
    Kia from Estoccasions is great too.  Jen is so well liked and she was nice but didn't fit our needs but odd to have her be a no show. 
    counting down to the big day
  • Options
    I'm incredible sorry that you had this experience with her now but better now than have her drop the ball with your wedding. I interviewed her as a DOC and personally didn't connect, I felt that she was building her portfolio and really didn't seem personally interested in our wedding.

However, that's not here nor there, you need a great DOC!

We also did interview Carisa and she was our 2nd favorite, however we ended up going with Christine from Down the Aisle. http://downtheaislect.com/

Give Christine a call and see if you connect! She was on top of our every detail and we couldn't of been happier with how her services turned out. In the end she stated that we had more detail that most of her weddings in the past and since we had to bring everything in for our wedding it was a lot for her to execute and she did it extremely well!  If you want to know more please message me!

Thanks a bunch!!! I'll be reaching out to her ASAP, and to Kia as well. 
    I appreciate all your help ladies!! fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    I am using Mel from paramount wedding designs. We connected right away and she has great communication skills. She is constantly emailing me with ideas she has to make my day better and seems very interested in making it a memorable day. She took the time yesterday to do a walk through of our venue with us so that SHE would feel better prepared on the day. I have had nothing but great things to say about her (clearly lol) Here is her email : melissa.paramountweddings@gmail.com Website: http://www.paramountweddingdesigns.com/blog.html Good luck with your search and keep us updated.
  • Options
    Good luck on your search! I know you won't be disappointed with Christine! Honestly, we got married the week of Hurricane Sandy which was probably the worst thing that could of happened and she was just amazing in every aspect!

In the end though go with your gut and definitely get someone that will help make your day as beautiful as the dream you have been dreaming!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards