New Jersey
Options

Interfaith/Jewish Officiant

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations for a rabbi who does interfaith or a really good non-denominational officiant who is comfortable with Jewish customs. I'm Jewish, my fiance isn't (and is non-religious). I'm getting married in October at Highlawn in West Orange. Any recs would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Amanda

Re: Interfaith/Jewish Officiant

• Options
    We are using Mitch the Minister for our wedding this spring. He's an "all-faiths" officiant, and has been great to work with so far. I recommend checking him out.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I also used Mitch the Minister.  He is Jewish and his wife is Catholic, so he understands well.  My husband was raised Jewish and I was raised Catholic, so we incorporated traditions from both religions into our ceremony.  Both of our families were happy with the end result and we loved working with him. 
  • Options
    We used Celia Milton too and were thrilled with our ceremony. I am Jewish and DH is Irish Catholic.  She incorporated customs from both sides beautifully.  Well worth the extra $50 or so compared to others! She can be a little "free-spirited" at times, but she's very personable and our ceremony was perfect. 
  • Options
    We used Rabbi Justus Baird of Auburn Theological Seminary. We loved working with him and got a lot of compliments from our guests on how beautiful the ceremony was. I'm Jewish, husband is technically Catholic but not religious, so our wedding looked and felt a lot like a Jewish wedding.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!
  • Options
    I am using Cantor Berris of Interfaith Clergy Network in Long Island.  He is awesome and travels all over NY/NJ/CT?MA performing interfaith ceremonies.  He is even co-officiating in my FI catholic church.  He is not inexpensive but he is totally worth it!
  • Options
    I am using Rabbi Dennis Tobin.  My friend recommended him and said he was a great public speaker.  He has a booklet and everything and seems to want to work with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards