Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

closed

Re: closed

• Options
    We were OOT also and I had Luminous Events do our centerpieces. It was worth every penny to not have to worry about buying/shipping/storing supplies or even having to set them up day of.

Royal Cakery did our cake and it was delicious.

Not sure about photographers in that price range but I think I've heard the name Dark Roux tossed around the board.

We were married 10/23/11 and return for our anniversary every year, and the weather is always gorgeous. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Dark Roux is not in your budget. He charges $3,150 for a 4 hour wedding. $600 for just an engagement shoot. 
  • Options
    $1000 is possible. I wouldn't call it realistic if your pictures are a priority. A good photographer is going to start around $2000. The cheapest photographers I came across were Stacy marks ($2000) and photo225 ($1500). Marc pagani also has some associates that begin around $1700.

As for cake, I found la louisiane to be the best value. Delicious and excellent prices. They can do pretty much any design. Royal cakery is pricier(worth it though), but it depends on your cake budget.
  • Options
    missnc77missnc77 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    Try Lauren Carroll of Lauren Carroll Photography.  She has a facebook page and website (http://laurencarrollphotography.smallfolio.com)
  • Options
    Contact Pamela Reed of Pamela Reed photography.  She will work with your budget!  We're getting married in 2 weeks and she's been great!!  https://www.facebook.com/pamelareedphoto

(504) 920-8703

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Try Qbleu Photography. Quinn has helped us make videography and photography possible. Qbleuphoto.com
  • Options
    I'm planning my best friend's wedding in NOLA from Wisconsin so I totally understand. Our photographer is coming from the Chicago area because she shoots in Chicago/Wisconsin, NOLA, and somewhere else (I think Boston or DC - can't remember). You can find out if she's available. Including travel costs, we are paying just over $1500. Kathleen at Light Source Photography. Good luck. It's scary planning it from afar. There is just so much spirit in NOLA, you can't help it!
  • Options
    So I realize this is a shameless plug, but my fiance does wedding photography - he's editing photos from a wedding last weekend as I type. If he charges over $1000, it won't be by much...but you would need to ask him. Check out his site and if you're interested message him. www.rossdavisphoto.com
  • Options
    Hey girl!  I totally feel your pain.

There's a photographer named Caitlin Hebert (www.caitlinbphotography.com)  ... she's doing my wedding and did my engagement pictures. i'm SO happy with the results and she's reasonably priced.

The classic cake is going to be from Swiss Bakery.  They taste amazing and are by far the best price I found out there (unless you want someone sketchy baking from home)

Flowers is a lady named Meade Wentzel.  She's a very sweet older woman.  The only con is that she does everything by phone/face to face meeting.  She has no email or website, however she BY FAR is beautiful flowers and a great rate.
  • Options
    I had my pics done with Sabree Hill and she was fabulous - she was a bout $1500. We upgraded to her middle package and we received all the proofs.  2 of my colleagues booked her as well.   Good luck!  We used Haydel's and was very impressed.  For flowers I used Fabulous Flowers - Ken is very, very good about staying in your budget.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    Sabree was very good and affordable
  • Options
    dianablabladianablabla member
    First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    thank you so much everyone!
  • Options
    We booked a wedding package with "Geaux Live" which includes the dj, photo both and also a photographer within our budget :D..

• Options
    I heard do not use photo225. There is a thread on here where its a guy and he keeps changing his company name and cheats people out of their pictures. 
  • Options
    I've been going back and forth with Sabree about my Oct wedding too. She was booked for one of the Sundays I'm considering, so I'd get in touch with her ASAP if you are considering using her.

I think you can get Marc Pagani's associates, with JUST the edited digital files, no prints, for like $1100. Don't quote me on that. Get in touch with him, he's seems to be very willing to work with various budgets.
  • Options
    I was able to negotiate a special package with my photographer that was "wedding only."  Meaning he didn't come to the house while we were getting ready and I didn't do bridals.  For me, with my budget, I was most concerned with fabulous pictures of the wedding.  So that might be an option for you.  I have various centerpiece stuff for sale if you let me know what your look you're going for.
  • Options
    We used Sabree Hill & she was absolutely amazing & affordable! I highly recommend.
  • Options
    Check this out my BFF just got married last weekend Gabby did a great job on the photography and not too $$$. https://www.facebook.com/GChapinStudios09 

Also, look at Hydel's for cake and topper they are very reasonable 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards