Chit Chat

Boudoir Photos

I was thinking of doing a boudoir shot for my FI but I don't exactly have a skinny / flat stomach and don't want to feel "blah" or uncomfortable during it or end up not liking the photos when they're done. What do you ladies suggest? Any tricks (outfits, props, etc) that might help?

Re: Boudoir Photos

• A good photog should be able to direct you in ways to hold yourself to minimize it, but the best advice I can give is find someone you're comfortable with. If you're self conscious in front of your photographer that will show up in your pictures. Also, maybe a little wine or beer to help loosen up? 

And of course, corsets do wonders with shaping. 

Anniversary
    hlvonbdoeydo
  • I did them for my H and I got some outfits that had the sheer material that go from the bust to the pelvic area. My photog also gave me tips on how to arch my back to get rid of the rolls lol. My H is a cop so I borrowed his uniform for a few hours and took some photos in his shirt and hat - those were some of his favorites!
    melbelleuphlvonb
  • Definitely start with a good photographer. I would start a pinterest board with poses you like. 
    hlvonbdoeydo
  • chibiyui said:
    A good photog should be able to direct you in ways to hold yourself to minimize it, but the best advice I can give is find someone you're comfortable with. If you're self conscious in front of your photographer that will show up in your pictures. Also, maybe a little wine or beer to help loosen up? 

And of course, corsets do wonders with shaping. 

@chibiyui

Thanks! I will have to do a lot of talking with different photographers to make sure I am comfortable. Wine will probably help too lol

• vk2204 said:
    I did them for my H and I got some outfits that had the sheer material that go from the bust to the pelvic area. My photog also gave me tips on how to arch my back to get rid of the rolls lol. My H is a cop so I borrowed his uniform for a few hours and took some photos in his shirt and hat - those were some of his favorites!

@vk2204

I will have to look into outfits with the sheer material. FI is a welder. Not sure how well that would work for pictures.

• Definitely start with a good photographer. I would start a pinterest board with poses you like. 

@misssunshine17

Good idea!

• You don't have to be in just a bra the whole time. Get lingerie that covers your stomach. Or take a few photos in his work shirt. Not all boudior photos are of your whole body either. They can be of just your legs, just your face/bust, laying on your tummy, etc. Does he like golf? Baseball? What are his fantasies? Work in props from those things. 

Get some sexy shoes, thigh highs and a couple outfits. If you want to, get your make-up and/or hair professionally done. Maybe you could save money by making this the make-up trial that you'd do for the wedding anyway. Then have a drink or two as @chibiyui suggested. 

Honestly, he knows what you look like naked (I'm assuming). He loves you and wants to be only with you. You don't need to look like a model. He's obviously happy with you as you are. :) Be confident - that's just as sexy.

@southernbelle0915

You made some good points. Thank you!

And yes he knows what I look like without clothes lol.

• hlvonb said:
    vk2204 said:
    I did them for my H and I got some outfits that had the sheer material that go from the bust to the pelvic area. My photog also gave me tips on how to arch my back to get rid of the rolls lol. My H is a cop so I borrowed his uniform for a few hours and took some photos in his shirt and hat - those were some of his favorites!

@vk2204

I will have to look into outfits with the sheer material. FI is a welder. Not sure how well that would work for pictures.

Um... perfect for pictures... lingerie with a welder's mask pushed up above your face!  If you think he'd be into that.  :)  And I've never done boudoir photos, but it makes sense that comfort with the photog is the most important thing.  I bet my Fi would love this.. but I agree, the thought of it makes me a little nervous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• hlvonb said:
    vk2204 said:

@vk2204

Um... perfect for pictures... lingerie with a welder's mask pushed up above your face!  If you think he'd be into that.  :)  And I've never done boudoir photos, but it makes sense that comfort with the photog is the most important thing.  I bet my Fi would love this.. but I agree, the thought of it makes me a little nervous.
    @JCBride2014

I don't know if he would be into that or not. Maybe I can find out (sneakily) if he would be or not.
  • So I got an awkward text....

My Father In Law knows I am thinking of having these photos done for my FI.

My Father In Law is a photographer

My Father In Law said he would be willing to do them for me......

Um....... 
  • lmao!!! I'm sorry but that's SO funny! He's probably (I hope) just trying to help and not be a perv lol
  • Kohl95 said:
    lmao!!! I'm sorry but that's SO funny! He's probably (I hope) just trying to help and not be a perv lol
    @Kohl95

I am 100% sure he is just trying to help and not be a perv. He said he would do it for free. I just don't know if I want my future father in law to see me in a "vulnerable" state. Lol. Yes I have modeled for him before but that way for older styled photos. Lol

I uploaded two  UN-EDITED photos.
  • It still cracks me up that he offered, not gonna lie lol!  I have a pinterest board dedicated to boudoir poses and outfit ideas.. :) 
  • Kohl95 said:
    It still cracks me up that he offered, not gonna lie lol!  I have a pinterest board dedicated to boudoir poses and outfit ideas.. :) 
    @Kohl95

It makes me laugh too. I am not sure if I could do it or not. 

What's your Pinterest link? Maybe I can check them out if you don't mind.
  • Pinterest seems to be acting up and not loading up the pictures but here's the link none the less.. They're all tasteful and mainly plus sized oriented because I'm no twig lol!

hlvonb
  • Kohl95 said:
    Pinterest seems to be acting up and not loading up the pictures but here's the link none the less.. They're all tasteful and mainly plus sized oriented because I'm no twig lol!

@Kohl95

Thanks! And good because I am no twig either. Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards