Ohio-Toledo

Hotels in Toledo

Hi Everyone,

We're getting married at the Toledo Zoo in August of 2014. However we're from Michigan and don't really know the area well. We're looking for a nice hotel to reserve a block of rooms for our guests that isn't too far from the zoo. I know there are some nice ones downtown but don't love the idea of our guests having to pay for parking. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Hotels in Toledo

• I would say check with the hotels in downtown because they will probably the closest, and from what I remembero the Park Inn has a parking garage under the hotel that is free for guests. If you really want to avoid downtown, there are a few nice hotels on Dussel Dr. In Maumee (Fairfield Inn, Country Inn & Suites, and Courtyard by Marriott). These are probably about 15 minutes from the zoo. Hope that helps!
  • I would also suggest the hotels in Maumee. They have a good track record of service and prices. I used to work at a hotel in the Northwood/Rossford area. It's about 10 mintues away from the Zoo, but I wouldn't suggest it right away. Maybe as a last resort, hence why I USED to work there. You can also ask your wedding corrdinator at the Zoo and see who they would reccommend. Sometimes they have hotels they work with and they have a discounted rate. Also never take the first price they give you. They can ALWAYS go 10% lower unless they are at 75% + occupancy. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards