Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Sweetheart neckline? My dress.

I'm going in to get my dress alterations in a week or so. I haven't actually seen my dress in a very long time (Over a year)... So when I was looking at photos... I kind of realised that the neckline does not look like a sweetheart one. Or is it?

At the time when I got this dress I really had no preferences. Over the years my interest in looking at different dresses (online and in magazines) has grown and now the neckline unfortunately worries me. Lol.

I hope that they are able to alter it.

Another thing. My fiancé saw the dress. I am hoping they can make alterations so it doesn't look the same. The dress is non-refundable/final sale.

When I bought this dress, they did say they can add more of that crinkling in the bottom of the dress.

What do you think?

Re: Sweetheart neckline? My dress.

• Options
    Here are pics
  • Options
    The beadwork follows a soft sweetheart neckline, the neckline your dress has. And it looks great. I may be difficult to alter it and keep the detail that you have on the dress. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    The neckline is beautiful.  I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Options
    The neckline is a lovely soft sweetheart. 

Also, if your fiance is like many men, he wont remember much about your dress except it's white. Did he see it on a hanger or on you?
  • Options
    ^^ This.  I absolutely wouldn't change the neckline.  

I think that you should wait until you're wearing the dress again before deciding if you want to make any other changes.  
  • Options
    I agree- I think it looks great! I personally think the deep sweethearts show too much cleavage which takes away from the classiness. 
  • Options
    That is sort of a modified sweetheart neckline.  Perhaps it could be more of a true sweetheart if the center bit was lowered/more of a V, if you would want it.  If you want to change it more so that it is not the exact same as when your FI saw it, perhaps the part where the skirt comes out could be made more asymmetrical somehow.  But, if you love it as is then don't worry about it because your FI hasn't seen your hair and makeup done with you in the dress so it will still "stun" him.  
  • Options
    It's a soft/modified sweetheart neckline, and I think it looks very elegant and flattering on you. I personally wouldn't change it. 
  • Options
    I think it is lovely. I agree about your FI remembering. He probably will not and if he does, once he sees you in it all done up it will be completely different.
  • Options
    i have the same neckline a soft sweatheart i love it. i went with a long line bra but after trying on my dress for the first time the bra would not work it kept popping out of the dress on top so i went with a strapless
  • Options
    I love it!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It's definitely a modified sweetheart, and it think it's beautiful and completely flattering! I wouldn't worry about your FI having seen it -- he'll end up remembering it differently and when he sees you, it won't match what he thought it was. Plus, he'll be looking at you as a whole and not just at your dress. And if you want to add more of the gathered ruching at the bottom, go for it! But I would go in with an open mind and consider leaving it the way it is, because it is beautiful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards