Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!
  Today is dress down day at work if you donate to Toys for Happiness so I am happy to be wearing jeans today.  Not too many plans for the weekend-I want to go and see Blind Side and try out my Cricut machine, but other then that, I'll be chilling at home.
Have a great weekend!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Friday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning. I'm taking off on Monday since I had to work on two of my originally scheduled days off.  So I'm looking forward to a long weekend of no plans.  Probably get some Christmas gifts bought and organized.  And on Monday I'll finally change my name!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies....I am off today and am thinking about going shopping. I got invited to a Ladies tea tomorrow at the Dean's house, so I need a new outfit, as well as some new work clothes. :-)

Hope everyone has a great Friday! :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! Well I ticked off someone this morning. I didn't mean to cut in front of him on getting on the turnpike and he played around with me until he got off at Monroeville. I see how road rage can happen! Ugh jerk.

Erica what did you end up wearing last night? 
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! I wear jeans to work most days, don't know what I'd do if I had to dress up all the time :P

I am Sooooo sleepy today - I spent yesterday going back and forth on the Turnpike, since I had to drive out to Harrisburg for one freaking meeting. I got home about 10pm.

My Wii arrived yesterday! I was too tired to set it up to play anything, but now I can play on our shiny new TV this weekend :D

Oh, and if you ladies have spare vibes, I've got my semi-annual performance review this afternoon. I'm supposed to have a bunch of reports cmpiled for discussion, and I've been so busy that I left them all until today to do. So please send along some "speedy report building" and "boss in a good mood" vibes if youve got them ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning. TGIF!!

I have to find Chex cereal tonight and make a bunch of Chex mix. Nom nom. I can't believe Giant Eagle was sold out of it when I went there last night. Crazy! It was on sale for 2 boxes for $4 so I guess it makes sense. That's my exciting update. :P

I have a busy weekend with a birthday party for a friend's daughter, a cookie exchange party, Steelers game watching, and anniversary dinner. It is all fun so I'm happy about that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Goodmorning.  Short day of work here for me today as I have calling hours for my aunt.  Getting 2 hours of time off was like pulling teeth - grrr...hate my job. 

My parents are staying with us tonight as the funeral is tomorrow, and since df and I aren;t married DF has to sleep on the couch.  He usually gets a hotel. but they said it was ok for him to be on the coach since we are ony 29 days out.  ridiculous. 

Happy friday everyone!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TGIF!!

I'm excited because today I'm wearing a new pair of boots that arrived yesterday!! Wink  I got 2 new pairs - love them!

Not much going on this weekend at all.  Maybe I'll see if Jeremy wants to go see a movie on Sunday or something.

Becky - I ended up with just a black skirt and this burnt orange silky top that I forgot I had.  I'm such a dork I called my SIL (she lives next door) to come and help me figure something out.  I'm so fashion challenged. Undecided

Jenn - vibes for a good review!!  And have fun playing Wii all weekend!
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, and the boss just moved the meeting from 3 pm to 10am - as in I now have *1* hour to get everything ready. I swear she does this on purpose! I guess I'll be logging off to get sh!t done now :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TGIF!  Although, this week went by surprisingly fast for me.

Tonight DF and I are going to the Pitt BB game.  Tomorrow we have the Duquesne BB game.  Sunday, we are having a delayed "thanksgiving" dinner with my family and setting up the Christmas Tree (finally!)

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

I wear jeans every.single.day to work.  I couldn't imagine wearing anything else.

Vibes Jenn!!  You'll get everything done - you kick arse at your job!

DH is in the dog house.  Our laptop at home has been acting up lately.  It sounds like there's a problem with the fan or something.  So as long as you gently hit it in the right spot, it will stop.  Well, apparently DH didn't feel like listening to me and he punched it so hard that not only did he hurt himself, it won't even turn on now.  So we either have to get this one repaired or buy a new one.  Men and their tempers. UGH.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning and TGIF! I too am rocking a new pair of boots today- they are purple! My first "fun color" pair of shoes- I love them. Smile

It is supposed to snow here tomorrow! Surprised Supposedly they are forecasting 1-2 in. accumulation...we'll see. We need to clean and decorate for Christmas this weekend. We also have friends coming over, since the parade we were supposed to all go to is likely going to be cancelled due to the weather (they are such wimps around here!)

Many good report vibes to you Jenn!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning and TGIF! I'm working from home today because traffic has been so bad this week. We have to take our dog to the vet this afternoon for her shots and checkup. We just found a new vet here so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it goes well.

Tonight DH and I are finally getting around to putting up our tree and decorating our condo. Tomorrow we're watching football at a friends house then hopefully having a date night. Sunday will be church and steelers day.

Kim - is it really supposed to snow here tomorrow?! It was like 60 yesterday, what happened? boooo!

brivb - my parents were the same way before DH and I were married. I was living with them during grad school to save money, and if DH came to visit he would have to sleep in the guest room :p Luckily he lived by himself!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!  I was out way too late last night at a benefit for a charity where my MOH is on the board... super fun, but I'm sleepy today!  *yawn*

Bri, that's nuts that your parents make you guys sleep in separate rooms!  You're getting married in a month!  Vibes to you all this weekend.

Jenn (New), good luck on the performance review and getting all those reports done!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello all. I am feeling so much better today than I did earlier this week. So that is awesome. no real plans this weekend. Got into a wedding related fight with one of my sisters last night. I'll vent about that later though. Happy friday ladies :)
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late responding back, but yea, according to weather.com, it's supposed to change from rain to snow here tom. Who knows though....I hope the Steelers are on here, but I doubt the game will be broadcast. Frown

Glad you are feeling better E!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good afternoon and happy Friday!

I've been crazy busy all morning, boo, but at least it is Friday afternoon now!  ;)  We don't have any exciting plans this weekend - really need to clean the house, do laundry and write some thank you notes!  DH and I might have a little date night tomorrow night for dinner and our fav used book store. 

I am so sick of hearing about this gosh-darn snow already, Kim!  I mean, it is literally supposed to snow an inch here tomorrow - they even said that they doubt it will stick to the roads since it hasn't been that cold, etc.  And my receptionist thinks she should cancel her holiday party with her friends tomorrow night.  OMG.  The only good thing is that I have to get some tests and blood work done tomorrow and I'm sure the lab will be empty!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Happy Friday!:
    [QUOTE if DH came to visit he would have to sleep in the guest room :p Luckily he lived by himself!
    Posted by skybluejen[/QUOTE]

LOL.  That made me giggle.

When we go home DF's parents live about 15 miles from mine, so he either sleeps in the guest room or at his parents house.

LaFemme-
    This is the 3rd time my parents have come to visit so we're pretty used to him having to leave.  Him staying on the couch is a big step for them.  lol. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had separate bedrooms at my parents until after we were married.  Quite honestly, it still feels a little strange to be in the same bed there, lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards