Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Justice of the Peace

I've been putting off finding a JP for the wedding, because I simply didn't want to pick a name off a registry and start talking to them.  I've finally reached out to a few, but once I find out if they're available, am not sure what I should be looking for.  I have a few questions lined up to ask, but was wondering if anybody could tell me about their experience finding a JP.  No one I know can officiate, and all the JPs my friends know are registered in the wrong state.  Sadly I can't ask my parents for their advice, since they disapprove of me not getting married by a priest (another long story), but this is what me and FI want.
Any tips on picking/meeting a JP?  We're getting married in MA where the fees are regulated, so I can't really worry about that.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Justice of the Peace

• Options
    I've been putting off finding a JP for the wedding, because I simply didn't want to pick a name off a registry and start talking to them.  I've finally reached out to a few, but once I find out if they're available, am not sure what I should be looking for.  I have a few questions lined up to ask, but was wondering if anybody could tell me about their experience finding a JP.  No one I know can officiate, and all the JPs my friends know are registered in the wrong state.  Sadly I can't ask my parents for their advice, since they disapprove of me not getting married by a priest (another long story), but this is what me and FI want.
    Any tips on picking/meeting a JP?  We're getting married in MA where the fees are regulated, so I can't really worry about that.
    @lizpanjian

Here is a link that might help you. I was looking at it under the things to consider and other links on it,

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards