Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Am I responsible to pay for my DJ, photographer, wedding planner to eat?

Hey diva's and divo's,

I'm getting married on May 25th, 2014 and i'm curious about something...Do I have to pay for my vendor's to eat? I've contracted 2 photographers, 1 wedding planner (who'll also have 2 assistants) and 2 dj's. I need some answers on wedding etiquette please!!!

Re: Am I responsible to pay for my DJ, photographer, wedding planner to eat?

• Options
    Yes. Ask your vendors if they prefer to be seated among the guests or elsewhere. Some of their contracts may include notes about meals. But yes, you need to provide meals for your vendors.
  • Options
    Thanks doll. I was so unsure. I guess i'll add them to my list.
  • Options
    Yup. Talk to your caterer (if you have one) about feeding vendors, a lot of them have vendor plans included. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, you need to feed all of them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Check your contract. But most do require a meal.
  • Options
    Check your contract and also speak directly with each vendor.

Our DJ had it in his contract that we provide a meal. With our photographer and videographer we had to ask them directly because it wasn't in their contracts. Some vendors make it a requirement others are okay if they have to bring their own snack, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had a seat and a meal for our photog. (Didn't have a DJ)
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    Absolutely. You should also invite your officiant to the reception (and their spouse, if applicable).

• Options
    It's the polite thing to do, even when not specified in the contract.
  • Options
    Absolutely. You should also invite your officiant to the reception (and their spouse, if applicable).
    Not if he's a paid vendor though.  He's only there for 30 minutes to an hour depending on your ceremony.  If you WANT to invite him or her, that's fine.....but it's not required. 
  • Options
    Hungry vendors=shitty music and pictures. I would just do it to make sure they're at working peak. 
  • Options
    Our venue (and I think all that we looked at?) have what they call "vendor meals". We of course have to pay for them but it's not the same price as our PP rate for our guests. It is my understanding that they get a less expensive meal (ie chicken not the sea bass) but covers you for providing a meal. However, we do not have seats for them.
  • Options
    None of our vendors require them under the contract but we are going to provide them. Our venue will give them our lowest priced meal (in our case both meal choices are the same price), but will cut the price for the vendor meals by 50%. We will be paying for 4 (photographer, videographer, photo booth attendant and DJ). Our officiant and his wife will be invited as  guests so they wil. Get a regular meal.
  • Options
    CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2013
    JoanE2012 said:
    Not if he's a paid vendor though.  He's only there for 30 minutes to an hour depending on your ceremony.  If you WANT to invite him or her, that's fine.....but it's not required. 
    This.  If it's your church minister or whatnot and you knew him/her before your wedding, I see inviting him/her plus significant other.  But when you just hire an officiant, you don't have to invite them.
  • Options
    We did & put them all together at a table right by DJ booth, not necessarily the prime table in the venue but they weren't spending the whole night in their seats either. It also allowed my dj to monitor his equipment and the songs while eating.
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:
    This.  If it's your church minister or whatnot and you knew him/her before your wedding, I see inviting him/her plus significant other.  But when you just hire an officiant, you don't have to invite them.
    Yes, agreed (should have been more specific in my first response!). If you know them ahead of time, you've had any premarital counselling with them and/or you're not paying them (ie: just making a suggested donation to the church, etc.), then they should be invited as a guest, as a courtesy -- after all, they're the one actually marrying you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards