Snarky Brides
Options

Share the ugliest dress you've seen.

Re: Share the ugliest dress you've seen.

• Options
    Yes, mine is a trumpet as well and not difficult to walk in AT ALL...but then again it's not overly poofy either.
  • Options
    I think if I really had to choose I think the trumpet has a prettier silhouette, I would wear that over mermaid
  • Options
    Jennja22 said:
    Ven&Radio said:
    Amyzen83 said:
    This is just my taste, but I've always hated the mermaid style wedding gown, especially when it's hella poofy at the bottom.
    I agree completely!  I totally don't get this trend.  It looks like a woman wearing a form-fitting dress wandered into a knee-high pile of whipped cream.  It's just not an attractive shape at all.
    My dress is mermaid & I love it... but I cracked up at the bolded.  

I may be biased, but it looks WAY better on me (& in person) than it does on the model.  The dresses never look right in the pictures.  
    True facts! I completely ignored my dress when I was shopping online, because you couldn't see any of the detailed embroidery or beading. It looked boring. But in person, it's absolutely stunning. (Why they insisted on taking a picture of a white satin dress with silver beading and embroidery in full noon daylight escapes me. It washes out the dress and the model.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I don't even know where to begin...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    The pink one wouldn't be so bad is the skirt was all the same length. It wouldn't be great but it would be better than it is.
  • Options

I just can't believe they're being advertised as wedding dresses! I saw one a few months ago on eBay that was described as a bohemian style hand-painted silk. It looked like a negligee with big spots of mold growing on it. I wish I had thought to grab a picture of it, but that was before I found this thread.

~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Amyzen83 said:
    Oooooh! I found this gem just now!
    Omg. The second one, "pastel rainbows," was EXACTLY my mom's wedding. Her dresses looked even worse, though, somehow... the neckline was square and the sleeves were puffier and longer. It's the most '80s thing. She still thinks it looked beautiful. No one in our family has the heart to tell her. (As long as she's happy I guess!)
  • Options
    Jennja22 said:
    Ven&Radio said:
    Amyzen83 said:
    This is just my taste, but I've always hated the mermaid style wedding gown, especially when it's hella poofy at the bottom.
    I agree completely!  I totally don't get this trend.  It looks like a woman wearing a form-fitting dress wandered into a knee-high pile of whipped cream.  It's just not an attractive shape at all.
    My dress is mermaid & I love it... but I cracked up at the bolded.  

I may be biased, but it looks WAY better on me (& in person) than it does on the model.  The dresses never look right in the pictures.  
    Totally agree they never look right on models.  I never would have picked the dress I bought if I had only seen the stock photo of it.
  • Options
    This is the best thread ever lol
  • Options
    I'd be careful with that! We don't want any Speshal snowflakes getting their feelings hurt!
  • Options
    imageI'm sure he fell in love with her "personality"
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    Fly! Fly away from this!
  • Options
    It's Squidward's wife!!!
  • Options
    Kelcita21 said:
    imageI'm sure he fell in love with her "personality"
    I actually really like the skirt in this one!  I think the silver design is so pretty!  From the waist up, however, yuck. 
  • Options
    It's a pretty dress, just not on her. She just looks... short and stout. I know they always talk about wearing clothes that "even out" your top and bottom halves, but this just makes her look munchkin-like.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    OMG I JUST REALIZED. IS THAT ICE-T AS THE GROOM?!
  • Options
    AHHH IT IS
  • Options
    I agree - the previous dress is actually very pretty, but doesn't fit her properly with her huge boobs spilling out. 

• Options
    Is that Joseph Gordon Lovett? :)
  • Options
    OMG! This is at Northtown mall in MN isnt it!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Anything by Pnina is on my list. As are the "my nips are covered, no more fabric!" affairs. Both look like they forgot the bodice. Plus, the "I e-6000'd my dress up" things are all badly done implants - could be the structure to keep the fabric up is jacking the boobs around, but then the slightly more covered Ice-T's wifey doesn't even have a good fit! The cups are too small, so it digs in with the weird slippage. Which was all my big boobed self noticed in the second picture.

The reenactment blue dress I like for reenactments, it looks reasonably well made, the dress fits her well, and she looks happy. But, his attire doesn't look like reenactment style. So I don't like the dress then.

The flame number, heh, is there Rammstein on the front? Like maybe a dragon mask?

Speaking of Rammstein - Caron Bernstein's dress when she married Richard Kruspe was all kinds of wrong.
  • Options
    AllOnOneDay It seems like Pnina swings either way with either being completely crazy (as in the pic above) or extremely pretty, like this:
    image The dresses in Say Yes to the Dress are usually outrageously blinged out or have that see-through bodice. 
  • Options
    Ohhh, the vagina dress. I thought it looked like a vajayjay when I saw it too. When we were picking out BM dresses, there was a bride next to us that had that dress on, and her whole family was crying and hugging and loudly exclaiming how its the one and the most beautiful dress they've ever seen. My BMs and I stood there trying not to gag. I thought the vagina BM dress was worse though... http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_One-Shoulder-Organza-Dress-with-Black-Belt-VW360012_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-White-by-Vera-Wang-Bridesmaids
    Eh, I get that some people don't like this look because it's pretty fashion forward - but I actually may buy this dress for my RD or the after party of my wedding. To each their own I guess. 
  • Options
    rakkaya87 said:
    I am just waiting for someone to post a picture of a dress that another Knottie is actually going to wear/has worn HAHA
    Well my dress is a mermaid that looks like a pile of whipped cream but whatevs!

I totally thought the same thing about the Vera Wang/Georgia O'Keefe dresses but I was sure I was the only one. lol. 

If the fit and flare isn't tight enough for you:

• Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    That last one makes her legs look so short! Is she bending her knees?? Picture button disappeared but I just ran across this. It's a Watters, so pretty high end, but... ew. 

• Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2014
    Mermaid dresses made with real mermaids.

image  <---This one gives me the worst heebiegeebies ever

Whyyyy

I actually kind of like the middle two. I don't like either dress (can't stand mermaid) but I think the scale design is pretty.  I even like the scale design on the last one, except it looks like she pulled a silvery sheath dress on over a longer gown.
  • Options
    Even the non showgirl Pnina things are ugly to me. Granted, they're not in bad taste, but blech. But, it could be how they're modeled.

The mermaid in whipped cream look is baffling, probably because it's so bad on me. Big boobs, little waist, big butt, little knees, big pile of whipped cream.

I don't like the peacock feathers or peacock based fish scales. Not from appearance or shape, but I always associated peacock feathers with bad luck. Not overly superstitious, but not trying that at my wedding!
  • Options
    I do like mermaid and I think it is rather hard to pull off, both for the designer and the bride. Trumpet is my favorite, but I haven't gone dress shopping yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards