Chit Chat
Options

XP: Work out ideas?

I sit in an office 8 hours a day watching cameras. Any ideas as to what I can do for workouts while in the office?

Re: XP: Work out ideas?

• Options
    Pinterest has a ton of gym-less workouts. 
  • Options
    Tabata.  Lots of stuff you could do beside your desk, but it's basically 20 sec of an exercise (ex. pushups) then a 10sec break.  Repeat 8 times, then do another activity.  You should find it online.  Also google desk workouts, as I think there's a lot online

• Options
    Planks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Calf raises?
  • Options
    Pinterest has a ton of gym-less workouts. 

@misssunshine17

Pinterest is an enemy to my working out. I get distracted by other things. Lol

• Options
    Tabata.  Lots of stuff you could do beside your desk, but it's basically 20 sec of an exercise (ex. pushups) then a 10sec break.  Repeat 8 times, then do another activity.  You should find it online.  Also google desk workouts, as I think there's a lot online

@WinstonsGirl

Thanks! I will have to Google Tabata since I have no idea what it is. Lol

• Options
    Senecaf said:
    Calf raises?

@Senecaf

I started doing these today. Lol

• Options
    Also, if you know anything good for the belly area too since that's what I really want to work on as well as other areas in general.
  • Options
    Would you be allowed to have a yoga ball instead of a chair?  It requires more balance which means you'd be using your stomach muscles more often.  If not, Planks are a nice way to work out your stomach, but my favorite ab exercise (You'd have to be on break I assume) is to lay on your back, lift your legs, and draw circles with them.  You feel the burn pretty quickly, I find them to be really effective. (Maybe bring a towel to work or something to lay on the floor so you're not just laying right on the floor) squats are also pretty effective, and I'd recommend push-ups too.  
  • Options
    Well you can't target workout. It truly doesn't work. That being said, if you have something heavy you can do side bends, that works obliques. http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/dumbbell-side-bend
  • Options
    Would you be allowed to have a yoga ball instead of a chair?  It requires more balance which means you'd be using your stomach muscles more often.  If not, Planks are a nice way to work out your stomach, but my favorite ab exercise (You'd have to be on break I assume) is to lay on your back, lift your legs, and draw circles with them.  You feel the burn pretty quickly, I find them to be really effective. (Maybe bring a towel to work or something to lay on the floor so you're not just laying right on the floor) squats are also pretty effective, and I'd recommend push-ups too.  

@HaileyDancingbear

No I can't bring a yoga ball instead. We don't get breaks either. At least nothing scheduled. I am in the office by myself 90% of the day so I might be able to do the lay on my back part. Would I lift my legs at like a 45 degree angle or 90?

• Options
    Senecaf said:
    Well you can't target workout. It truly doesn't work. That being said, if you have something heavy you can do side bends, that works obliques. http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/dumbbell-side-bend

@Senecaf

I know I can't target workout but I also wanted to know what types of things I could do in the office that help the stomach area as well as everything else or that maybe work the stomach area just a little bit more. Hope that made sense

• Options
    Yeah I get it. I think the side bends and some Russian twists might be easy to do at work. And if some one walks in you can play them off easily lol
  • Options
    hlvonb said:

@HaileyDancingbear

No I can't bring a yoga ball instead. We don't get breaks either. At least nothing scheduled. I am in the office by myself 90% of the day so I might be able to do the lay on my back part. Would I lift my legs at like a 45 degree angle or 90?

I go up to 45 degrees then move them in a big circle
  • Options
    Senecaf said:
    Yeah I get it. I think the side bends and some Russian twists might be easy to do at work. And if some one walks in you can play them off easily lol

@Senecaf

Russian twists??

• Options
    hlvonb said:

@HaileyDancingbear

I go up to 45 degrees then move them in a big circle

@HaileyDancingbear

Thanks!

• Options
    lunges & squats
  • Options
    Russian twists (probably not the proper name) are often done sitIning on the ground leaning back at a 45 with knees bent and feet off the ground then with a medicine ball or weight plate you twist side to side.

This could be modified to be done sitting in an office chair with a phone book or something moderately heavy, again so you can play it off easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards