Chit Chat
Options

what are your wedding colors and do you have a theme?

Tchavon1984Tchavon1984 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited December 2013 in Chit Chat
My colors are Pink and Ivory with crystal/bling. I dont know what my theme would be Im guessing simply Romantic

Re: what are your wedding colors and do you have a theme?

• Options
    We are in the early stages of planning... But I think I want purple up lighting for our venue. As far as bridesmaid dresses, I'm thinking different shades of blue. We don't have a theme, just more of a vision. I want a classic New York wedding with a modern twist, if that makes any sense. We already chose our venue, just waiting to get the contract!

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I also have no "theme" but our colors are navy and light blue.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't have a theme or colors.
  • Options
    Our colors are purple, silver, and white. Don't really have a "theme" but a lot of the décor is winter inspired.
  • Options
    Our theme was Wedding and our colors were All of Them. 

To be less flip, we had a backyard BBQ with minimal decor. I wore a hot pink dress, my husband wore a gray suit with a blue shirt and yellow tie, and we chose bright colors for our flowers (pink, yellow, orange, purple, lime green). We pretty much just bought what we liked, regardless of color.
  • Options
    We did blues and greens and had an ocean theme.
  • Options
    No theme but, our colors are red, black and white.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Our colors are eggplant & goldenrod and our theme/feel is "fun & festive." 
  • Options
    My colors are Pink and Ivory with crystal/bling. I dont know what my theme would be Im guessing simply Romantic

@Tchavon1984

Our colors are Blue, Silver and Yellow as an accent color and we're incorporating the 2 hearts idea into it

• Options
    No theme other than "wedding" but for colors I'm working primarily with ivory, navy and coral then bringing in some blush and succulents into the flowers to soften it a bit and then silver (mercury glass) for a bit of glitz in the decor.  I'm not going to be super matchy with the colors, but am trying to keep a general palette for cohesion.
  • Options
    No theme other than "wedding" but for colors I'm working primarily with ivory, navy and coral then bringing in some blush and succulents into the flowers to soften it a bit and then silver (mercury glass) for a bit of glitz in the decor.  I'm not going to be super matchy with the colors, but am trying to keep a general palette for cohesion.
  • Options
    Our colors were purple, gray and blue. I didn't care for a theme but H loves comic books, especially Spiderman, so we incorporated subtle touches here and there. Our photographer called our wedding "The Merge of Superheroes". Very cute but completely unnecessary.
  • Options
    Our colors were fall colors and our theme was 'we're getting married' because that's the only theme you need for a wedding.

• Options
    Ditto @thejucheidea. Our colours were fall colours because we got married in October.

Specifically, I guess, we had dark purple BM dresses; gold/orange/red/fuschia Gerbera daisies for flowers; our centrepieces vases of dried white hydrangeas (that turned a lovely ivory) accented with red berries and gold and ivory tissue paper; red votive candle holders; miniature pumpkins and gourds, etc.

Our favours were leaf-shaped bookmarks (we're big readers -- and we're both writers), and instead of a guest book, we put copies of our favourite books on the tables for people to sign.

So our theme was autumn and love. My dress was very classic, and DH was in a suit, so we were more traditional and elegant than we were contemporary or laid-back.

We had a full Catholic mass at 3 p.m., followed by a cocktail hour and a reception at the country club.

Not sure if that's helpful or what you're looking for, but that's what we did.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Our colors are eggplant, gold and ivory and we're going with a Tuscan theme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lavender/lilac with a light blue/aqua.  No theme.
  • Options
    Nothing official on either for us.  If people asked what my theme was I said it was getting married.  However, since we got married in Hawaii, we sent out invites in 3 different tropical colours (blue, purple and orange versions), and used tropical touches throughout with flowers, place card holders, cake, etc.  But that was about it.  

• Options
    Blue and green, and we're doing a kind of steampunky vintagey mix and match.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We are still in the early stages, and I'm actually struggling with this.  I always wanted a fall wedding but we had to push the date back, so now it's a spring wedding.  I really hate pastel colors, light pink, anything normally "spring" related.  

I think instead, I want to do a lot of very saturated, bright colors with golden touches.  Our venue is really Mediterranean looking and ornate, so strong colors won't overpower it.

And again, no theme except getting married.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Jewel tones. No theme.
  • Options
    I do not have a theme. My colors are black, white, silver and a bit of gold.
  • Options
    navy or marine blue with silver/white accent. It's in Feb in upstate NY - white is pretty much going to be the snow haha

Theme - don't really have one? We were just going for a classy and elegant event? If anything our theme is love but that might be too mushy for some people *shrugs*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Colors: Sage green, slate gray, and rustic gold.
  • Options
    Our colors are green, green and more green (all different shades--it's my fav color), with light pink, ivory and blue accents. I was initally going for a romantic/spanish mission vibe, but then we switched to a backyard venue, so now it's more laid-back.
  • Options
    hlvonb said:

@Tchavon1984

Our colors are Blue, Silver and Yellow as an accent color and we're incorporating the 2 hearts idea into it

@hlvonb I love hearts, what is the 2 hearts idea?
  • Options

I chose bridesmaids dresses from DB in the color bluebird so I guess that along with white became our colors.  The invitations, linens and flowers were in white and bluebird type colors.

Our "theme" was Pittsburgh and it came to us when we chose our venue because it had a mural of the city and offered some local foods and beers in their menu choices.  DH and I are both transplants and have fallen in love with the city.  All of our family was OOT and for many it was their first time in Pittsburgh so we wanted to highlight the city. 

The Pittsburgh touches we included were the Pittsburgh skyline on invitations; welcome bags for OOT hotel guests filled with local foods and a guide to speaking Pittsburghese; favors were bottles of homemade wine with Pittsburgh designs on the labels; DH made fun fact sheets on the backs of the menus for our favorite spots around town; we did all local beers for the bar; food included mini pierogi appetizers and Pittsburgh salad (includes French fries); and we had a cookie table which is a huge tradition at Pittsburgh weddings.

• Options
    Ivory with Teal and Yellow are our wedding colors.

No theme, but it's at a winery, so it's sort of themed by that if that makes any sense at all.
  • Options
    Colors are: in the light blue-ish/green-ish family (aka ocean colors), neutral creams, and touches of gold (aka I'm obsessed with mercury glass!)

There's no real "theme" besides wedding...but I guess the feeling/vibe is Old Florida Coastal...it's in a 150-year old house on the Caloosahatchee so I want my wedding to kinda reflect the setting without being "themey"...you know, if that makes sense!
    Anniversary
  • Options

@Tchavon1984

@hlvonb I love hearts, what is the 2 hearts idea?
    @FutureMr&MrsG

I attached a picture of the 2 hearts idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards