Destination Weddings Discussions

San Diego Destination

Hi All!

My fiance and I are planning a destination wedding in CA preferably San Diego because he proposed in SD on the beach at sunset!!!

Just looking for some good resources.  We are keeping it tiny - just immediate family so about 20 - 30 people.  However, I still want it pretty elegant: white chairs and a pretty altar.

Any help, reviews or recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Re: San Diego Destination

• Congrats and Welcome!

We got married in San Diego area -- Temecula actually. We looked at a couple of spots in San Diego but ended up loving the Winery we chose. We weren't really looking at beach locations so I can't really help with that but I did have a fantastic makeup lady who does San Diego / Temecula that I can recommend as well as hotels / attractions that we did for our two weeks out there. Just let me know :)
  • We looked at Coronado Island, and the Marriott in San Diego, ultimately it was too expensive for us because we could have a really fun tropical wedding for less. The Loews hotel was also gorgeous and had a pretty beach. Heads up, in San Diego you have to purchase a beach permit to have a wedding (or group get together), and most ranged $1,000+ just for the license. I'm not sure if other places do this as well and it's just in the 'fees' instead of actually being listed separately. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We LOVE La Jolla. It was actually one of the activity days pre-wedding for us and all our guests. If I win the lottery, I would totally move there.
  • My fiance and I just got back from San Diego, I am so jealous you are able to get married there!! We looked into it but it was too pricey for us. La jolla was amazing and so was Coronado! My dream would be to get married at The Del Coronado, if only I won the lottery! lol  Happy planning!! :)

I would also move there in a second WinoGrrl!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards