Chit Chat
Options

Are we ready???

For the influx of Newbs coming to TK fresh off their Christmas engagements?  I can't wait to hear what super speshul ideas they have!

I'd totally post a gif of Miranda Tate arriving at the office in Devil Wears Prada, especially if I could get one of Stanley Tuchi's character telling me to gird my loins!  But I am clueless when it comes to gifs!

Re: Are we ready???

• Options
    I'm ready. I am off until the 6th, so I look forward to the entertainment.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thanks @NYCBruin That is perfect!
  • Options
    lmfao. I'm ready. And as an aside, I hate Christmas engagements. I live in NYC, and I like to see the tree at Rockerfeller Center, and I see at least 5 engagements each year there. Gag.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I really think it would be better if people thought of more creative ideas for holiday engagements! The routine of many is just astonishing

• Options
    <----- butthurt because I was proposed to on Christmas Eve lol.

• Options
    kmmssg said:
    Actually I  have been thinking about writing a pre-emptive blurb for them.  They will probably think I am the fun-sucking hag from Hell, but if we can plant some seeds of civility and manners then I am all for the trip.
    Do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I should get busy on a cute poem for the blizzard.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    <----- butthurt because I was proposed to on Christmas Eve lol.
    Well my H proposed on Dec 30th, so I got engaged this time of year too! 
  • Options
    To be honest, I find it all a little entertaining.

And if I'm ever having a bad day and feeling bad about myself.... it helps.  :)  At least I know/follow basic etiquette and will treat my guests well at our wedding this spring!
  • Options
    lol, I was actually talking to another Knottie irl about this. Nothing like the season of beebees to kick off the year right.

• Options
    Bring 'em on! Did you see the new Knott 911 board? If you read K'S description, it's basically a landing page for noobs.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Let the games begin! Honestly, I think everyone is ready. Been pretty quite around these parts lately! 
  • Options
    I'm stocking up on wine as we speak...

• Options
    casey8784casey8784 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    JaniV123 said:
    I really think it would be better if people thought of more creative ideas for holiday engagements! The routine of many is just astonishing
    i don't really mind if it is a "common" proposal...if it's a special/fun trip to a city they've never been to, or if it's during a family tradition on christmas eve/day, it means something to them and still is special...

on the other hand, something more creative is always a better story to tell... ;)

ETA: typing with a cast on one hand is never easy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JaniV123 said:

I hear what you're saying, but I actually prefer cliche or common proposals. This trend of propsals needing to be unique, creative, go viral or be epic or whatever is really frustrating. A marriage propsals is a big deal. It shouldn't need anything "extra" and honestly the trend of the propsal story becoming a bigger deal than what the propsal is really about (asking someone to live their life with you) makes me sad.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    Bring 'em on! Did you see the new Knott 911 board? If you read K'S description, it's basically a landing page for noobs.
    @HisGirlFriday13 where is this page??  I don't see it listed under my list of boards

ETA Never mind, I found it.  :)

• Options
    Woo hoo! So ready for the speshul princesses! 

I wouldn't really attack anyone's proposal, but I'm very glad FI proposed in Sept instead of waiting for the holidays, I didn't want Christmas to be about us. People are still wanting to talk about the wedding but it isn't as bad as when we announced it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rebl90 said:
    Woo hoo! So ready for the speshul princesses! 

I wouldn't really attack anyone's proposal, but I'm very glad FI proposed in Sept instead of waiting for the holidays, I didn't want Christmas to be about us. People are still wanting to talk about the wedding but it isn't as bad as when we announced it. 
    SO agree. We got engaged in August and had a million family birthdays afterward in Sept, and I still feel like a lot of those occasions became dominated by our engagement (as did Thanksgiving). As excited as I am, and everyone else is, I don't want every gathering to become about us.

• Options
    We did get engaged around the holidays (Dec. 21), but we had been talking about marriage for two months, and the proposal was unrelated to Christmas.

So I don't call it a holiday proposal :)
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    We were Dec 21 too.  DH was planning New Years, but decided on the spot to do it during the lunar eclipse that year

• Options
    chibiyui said:

Ready.

Love the Archer gif!
  • Options
    I like this one 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards