Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Happy Monday!

Morning Ladies! Happy Monday and (hopefully) short week for all of you!  :-)

We are off Thursday (For Eid, not Thanksgiving), so I am happy about that. We are also off Sunday, so I have a nice long weekend coming up! :-)

How was everyone's weekend? :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
My Doha Adventures

Re: Happy Monday!

• Options
    lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MOrning ladies--hope that everyone has a quick, short week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  So glad I only have 2 1/2 days of work this week:-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! I'm exhausted from the weekend - sat we went out to a friend's housewarming, and I am far too old to be both out late and drink, LOL.

Sun we finished 90% of our living room wall - DH actually miscalculated how much stone we need, and we have to run out to home depot tonight to order another box, grrr! And since it's a special order slate, it can take up to 2 weeks to come in. So much for having my house in order by Thanksgiving!

Oh, and while we were busting our arses on the wall, DH decided he didn't have time to drive all the way up to Beaver for his sister's b-day (MIL and SIL kept changing the time, location, etc, so it was becoming a huge PITA to figure out what the heck thery were doing). So, that of course triggered a huge reaction from MIL - in the form of 25 (yes, I cou ted!) texts over 45 minutes. Of course, her conclusion was that it had to be *my* fault DH decided not to go up. I really hate that woman!

Anyhow, I'm grateful for a short week, and even more grateful that we're spending T-giving with FIL's side of the family :P
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I am about to head over to the dentist to have them re-fill a crumbling filling. For some reason, they inform me that I have to be numbed up....with luck, I'll be drooling at my desk for the rest of the morning. Happy Monday to me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Jenn, what a weekend you had! At least you will get the dentist stuff over with before all the goodies on Thursday! :-D

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, at least it'll be done and over with. However, I don't know why I didn't think to schedule this at the end of the day - I'm seriously self-concious about this potential drooling, lol. Or I could have arranged to go work from home for the rest of the day.

Anyhow, squee for your long weekend Jennifer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say work from home, Jenn. :)

Hi everyone! My week is short (3 days). I love it. We're spending Thanksgiving with DH's family... a first for us. I'm excited to see my ILs.

I'm going to the gym today for the first time in months. I need to get moving.
  • Options
    pugnpenguinpugnpenguin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! I'll be posting later, but couldn't resist popping in! DH (woah) is at work and the puppy and I are snuggled on the couch.
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Monday.  At least I have Thanksgiving off but still working on Friday.

I am dreading telling my Grandfather today that DH and I have opted to go to his parents house for Thanksgiving.  We normally eat at my Grandparents and then go to his parents afterwards.  We've never actually ate at the ILs so that's what he wants to do.  REALLY dreading this.

GTG was awesome.
    Saturday was a lazy day.
    Yesterday we went to see the Rockettes - it was good.  The last performance was a little too religion-y for me but overall pretty good.  Didn't get a chance to see New Moon yet.  Hopefully Friday.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sandy! Congrats!! Isn't it fun to type DH?
  • Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning - YAY for a 3 day week!!  :)

GTG was a great time! 

And we got our kitchen done!! Woohoo!  We just have some final details - window treatments, paint some of the edging around the floor, install the tiles for the backsplash, hook up the electric to the disposal, and add the knobs to the cabinets.  But - the kitchen is now fully functional again. :)

Wow - sorry for the overuse of exclamations. :p

On the downside - I apparently got a flat tire yesterday, and we got so involved with kitchen stuff we forgot about it til late last night.  So I'm driving around on a donut today hoping the tire can be fixed. ::fingers crossed::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

Jenn--Newto: Thank you for not letting me down on the crazy MIL sotry.  She's a piece of work alright.

Jenn--Heyit's: How did the cookies come out?

I worked Saturday then did some Christmas shopping. Yesterday was all about the baking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  So glad it is a short week!

We had a good weekend - out with friends on Friday night, cleaning and stuff Saturday and then decorated yesterday!  My grandfather is hanging in there for now. 

I did not sleep well last night though, so I'm ready for a nap already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! It's a 2 day week for me. Smile We had an awesome weekend- enjoyed New Moon, had a great dinner with friends, and DH found $80 on the sidewalk!! We felt bad, and would have turned it in, but no wallet/ID with it, and it was just on the sidewalk bet. 2 restaurants that most people eating there would drive into. It did pay for my new winter coat I bought yesterday!

KR- Glad to hear your grandpa is hanging in there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! I have a 2 day work week, yay! I'm in need of a long vacation!

I had a nice weekend. Friday night I baked some yummy chocolate crackle cookies. DH is obsessed with them so I think they turned out well :)  Saturday we cleaned all day then went out to BW3's with some of DH's friends. I drank a little too much and was in pain all day yesterday :p  woops. Last night we went to the mall to attempt to open our new cell phone plan, but they told me my parents need to be there to release me from their plan. Seriously? Grr.

Happy monday Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen (skyblue)- the same thing happened to me. But they didn't say my parents had to physically be there. I just called them, handed the phone over to the sales person, and it was taken care of. I can't believe they actually need your parents there- ridiculous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah its completely ridiculous. I asked the guy if I could call my parents and have them authorize it over the phone, and he said no. We could probably do a three-way call to customer service, but we're just going to make a special trip up to Pittsburgh next weekend so we can do it in person w/ my parents.  PITA!
  • Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! A good quiet weekend at home for us--the first in a month (and it seemed like all the weekends before that were tied up with wedding stuff!).

Had fun on Friday night at the GTG--what a huge group!

Sat we had a quiet day, and then checked out the new Market District in the evening--talk about sensory overload!

Yesterday was another quiet day. Now gearing up for a short week--yay!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies.

I agree GTG was a good time. There were abunch of us there in that HOT room! I think I lost two pounds launghing and just by being so warm in there.

Saturday we braved McKnight rd to do some shopping. We got a couple of ideas on things to get a few people so I guess that made it worth it. Saturday night we didn't do anything though.

Sunday I went to see New Moon. It was better than the first. Then we watched a couple Netflix movies. (Ended up crying while watching Up.)  It was a good weekend overall
    image.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning all!  We had a fun and pretty busy weekend... Friday I stayed out waaaay too late with the girls, then had to be at this football gamewatch thing at like 10:30 AM on Saturday.  Ugh!  I'm getting too old for this ;)  We went to a fun benefit on Saturday night, then yesterday I made a bunch of soup to freeze and we watched two great movies- Sunshine Cleaning and Taken, both knottie recs!

Sandy, congratulations and welcome back!  Can't wait for your review post!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - I have felt that way for a while. I can't party like I used to. :P

Glad you liked Taken. :)
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I'm glad the GTG was fun :)  Pictures???

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was definitely fun. Dori and Elisha took pics. Where are they, D & E???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Goodmorning everyone!

My bachelorette party was this weekend - I posted a bit about it on the "anyone around" post from last night, but to recap it was a lot of fun, other than the friend that threw up on the dinner table.  We did not get hit on by any boys though, which was disappointing.  I really wanted to hear some cheesy pick up lines!  If we are friends on fb, you can see photos.

SkyblueJen - do you have verizon?  We did this about 6 months ago and my Dad had to call a special number, release my phone, then DF had to call another number and accept responsibility.  We didn't have to do it in person.  Maybe if you call the 800 customer service they'll let you do this?

Elisha - echo the loss of pounds comment - lol.  I drove to the airport with the sunroof back I was still so warm. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Snuck on at work so I could say Hi!

I had a blast at the GTG on Friday night!  I can't believe that everyone showed up.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We all wanted to see you, Shannon! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    brivb - sorry I just saw your post! No, we have AT&T. I've never had any problems with them in the past, but this is just annoying!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards