Honeymoon Discussions
Options

vegas or UK?

we will be having a summer wedding in 2015 and we are starting to think about honeymoon possibilities. 

I'd mentioned once that a HM in the UK would be very romantic and exciting! neither one of us has ever been to the UK and going to london and ireland and scotland sounds pretty great to us.

on the other hand someone mentioned that a vegas/colorado HM was pretty great and again we have never been. if we did this the helicopter ride over the grand canyon is a great idea and we could have lots of fun!

input/reccomendations/comments? 

Re: vegas or UK?

• Options
    Vegas is super freaking hot during the summer. Personally, I'd choose the UK. I've been and I love London. Scotland is also fantastic too. 
  • Options

These options are nothing alike (in my opinion).

First question - what's your budget? I would imagine the UK will be significantly more costly - London is very expensive, and bouncing around via train (which I recommend doing if you go to the UK) will run you up as well.

Second question - what do you want to do and what type of travelers are you? For Vegas (which yes, will be incredibly hot during summer), you'll be looking into day excursions and lots of relaxation/luxury-feel time. You can do luxury/relaxation in the UK, but be prepared to pay for it. Otherwise, UK, to me, is more about history and sightseeing.

• Options
    What do you mean by Vegas/Colorado?  I live in western CO (Grand Junction), and Vegas is an eight hour drive from here.  It's another two hours to the mountains - five hours to Rocky Mountain National Park!  That's a lot of driving.
    There are wonderful National Parks in Utah and Arizona.  I hate Vegas, especially in the summer.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    @pdkh we really like to travel and sightsee but also have fun we dont have the budget completely set out yet. We have done both gravel to see historic sights as well as to relax. @CMGragain vegas oer se and take the tour to see the grand canyon

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    I would prefer to travel to the UK because I am not a gambler, I am not into big cities, and it looks beautiful, IMO.  ETA and there are more things to see 
  • Options
    @janiv123 I live in Vegas, definitely wouldn't recommend a honeymoon here simply because you are looking at summer. It's generally plain miserable here in July. Walking the strip, anything outdoors is pretty dreadful (in my opinion) when it's nearing 110 degrees. If your budget can swing it, I would definitely try to to a UK/Europe trip!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    I would also say that mid-summer is the worst time to visit the Grand Canyon.  It is full of tourists and kids, with no romantic atmosphere.  Autumn is a better time.
    If you are looking for romance in Europe, try Florence, Italy.  You can walk most places you want to see, and it is a very romantic city. Pisa is a short train ride away.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    I would also say that mid-summer is the worst time to visit the Grand Canyon.  It is full of tourists and kids, with no romantic atmosphere.  Autumn is a better time.
    If you are looking for romance in Europe, try Florence, Italy.  You can walk most places you want to see, and it is a very romantic city. Pisa is a short train ride away.
    Yes! Totally agree. FI and I were in Florence in September and it was fantastic. 
  • Options
    We are really into vegas so we are going for our HM, we love to go out dancing at a few of the clubs and are planning day spa visits for relaxation time.  However, unless you're really, really into the nightlife and vegas atmosphere, I would recommend the UK :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I live in Ireland and while its lovely, its very wet...just be prepared for rain most of your travel and if the weather is nice, BONUS! How much time do you have for your HM? A few days each in Ireland, Scotland and England are doable, but will be very busy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @leahjwatts i live in puerto rico, tropics, we have rain 95% of the year so rain wouldnt be a downer. we would try to make it 10-14 days 

• Options
    Just based on trips to both-Vegas makes me want to slit my wrists. England (London) is a city I almost moved to I love it so much. There's your answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards