Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Need cute saying for my 'big apple' favors!!

My fiancé and I are getting married in September 2015. We got engaged in New York City on a horse and carriage ride in Central Park. we are going with a horse and carriage/New York theme for our wedding. as a favor I want to do caramel apples or candy apples with a saying attached to it so that people understand it ties into the 'big apple' theme. I need help with a short saying or poem so that people get it!

Re: Need cute saying for my 'big apple' favors!!

• Options
    I don't think you need to be "cute" about it, and probably anything you come up with won't have the desired effect.

Just pass out the apples.
  • Options
    Will all your guests know the historical perspective?

"We're spreading the news.
    We're married today.
    And you're a part of it."

"Love and Marriage.
    Love and Marriage.
    Go together like a horse and carriage."
  • Options
    What else are you doing for your theme? And in any case yes skip the cutesy poems.

• Options
    The theme is just new York .. instead of table numbers we will have the tables named after new York city landmarks. And some horse and carriage stuff since that's where we got engaged.. are the poems really that bad? I was hoping to come up with something original to try to not be tacky but if I can't come up with anything I'm going to skip it. I think people should get the reference since we have the table names and I have a few pictures of him proposing so I want to put one of those up on the table with the seating chart. Thanks for your feedback ladies. Plus our reception is in September so even if people don't get the new York reference at least candy apples make sense in the fall..
  • Options
    You could always just go with I <3 NY.
  • Options
    Take a bite out of the Big Apple?

I don't mind small sayings, but yeah, in general cutesy poems are pretty eyeroll-worthy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards