Flowers

Real Flowers for a Wedding?

I'm not a flowery person. That being said I don't want flowers except for bouquets, bouts, mothers' corsages, and 2 arrangements at the alter. None at the reception. My FMIL INSISTS real flowers only at weddings. I did all of my sister's flowers for her wedding (which included centerpieces) and they were great, but they were FAKE flowers. Am I the only one who thinks you can have an elegant wedding with fake flowers? I mean, who is going that close on the alter except us. I can understand bouquets, bouts, and corsages, but arrangements? C'mon! Anyone else with me here? I actually told my FMIL I would totally be ok with going to Kroger and grabbing a few predone bouquets and putting 2 of them together the night before the wedding myself. I can't justify that much money to a florist when I don't even like flowers. Anyone with me or is she right on this? Our wedding is "formal/traditional".
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Real Flowers for a Wedding?

• Who is paying for the wedding?
  • Gina0887 said:
    I'm not a flowery person. That being said I don't want flowers except for bouquets, bouts, mothers' corsages, and 2 arrangements at the alter. None at the reception. My FMIL INSISTS real flowers only at weddings. I did all of my sister's flowers for her wedding (which included centerpieces) and they were great, but they were FAKE flowers. Am I the only one who thinks you can have an elegant wedding with fake flowers? I mean, who is going that close on the alter except us. I can understand bouquets, bouts, and corsages, but arrangements? C'mon! Anyone else with me here? I actually told my FMIL I would totally be ok with going to Kroger and grabbing a few predone bouquets and putting 2 of them together the night before the wedding myself. I can't justify that much money to a florist when I don't even like flowers. Anyone with me or is she right on this? Our wedding is "formal/traditional".
    @Gina0887

1. I think you can have a nice wedding with fake flowers
    2. Like @doeydo said, who is paying? 
         - If you're paying for them, then do what you want.
         - If your FMIL is paying for them, then she gets a say in it.
  • We are paying for it ourselves. To make us both happy I may check out Kroger and see what they have in season and ask them to put together some bunches (which would be much cheaper than a local florist and save me the work from doing it)
  • @alisonmarie658 I emailed asking the same thing? Not sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards