Honeymoon Discussions
Options

August honeymoon location w/good weather & food

We're looking for somewhere to go for about a week that is not insanely hot and has interesting/tasty food. I was thinking that a resort somewhere like Jamaica would be okay given that there's A/C everywhere--has anyone gone during the sticky summer months? Given the short(er) length of the trip, we'd like to stay in the Americas (FI starts school the following week, so can't be jetlagged!).  Budget is about $5,000 including flights.  We were also thinking Sonoma County, but I like the all-inclusive approach.  FI also requests that it be somewhere that is not a city/does not have lots of tall buildings (we live in a city).  TIA!

Re: August honeymoon location w/good weather & food

• Options
    Take a cruise to Alaska.  Cruise ship food is wonderful!  Temperatures are in the 70s in the daytime.  Scenery is absolutely gorgeous!  Go whale watching or glacier climbing.  The fire weed will be in bloom.  There are heated pools and hot tubs on most ships.
    DH and I have done this three times.  Daughter went on one for her honeymoon, and they thought it was the trip of a lifetime.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Cruise to Alaska is a great idea!

August will be hurricane season in the Caribbean, so that is something to consider. Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, and Grenada are outside of the hurricane belt, so less likely to be affected by one. There are a few all inclusives in Aruba and Grenada. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards